REAL RAP- REKS

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How the hell is this kid not talked about on this board?? This kid is really like a breath of fresh air for me right now. Example:

Reks-Proud (Feat. Red Pages).mp3 : Proud :ohhh:

He reminds me of a better lyrical version of saigon. Maybe i've been hiding under a table on this rap shyt but this kid is better than all these new dudes coming out. Where have this kid been or why isnt he mentioned as much? Anybody got the history on this kid? Some other shyt to look for for those that dont know about him.

Autographs
Sit/Think/Drink
Ruggs and Murtaugh
Regrets
Hello Heaven
Chasin

Real rap dudes get at me on this kid.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Reks=Royce if he wasn't a one dimensional clown. Come at me, nikkas

Reks is beyond dope and has one of the best flows in rap. I'm glad he's getting more attention than he used to

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's crazy you compared him to Royce cuz i dont even like Royce AT ALL. Respect your opinion though.

Reks reminds me of someone following the Nas blueprint. I love that kind of rap where people are actually talking about something but aint sounding corny or too preachy. Still got that street gangsta sound even when trying to talk some positive shyt at times. To me, that's true HIP HOP.

On top of that, where did this kid come from? Like who the hell is he? I havent heard ONE wack track from him.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It's crazy you compared him to Royce cuz i dont even like Royce AT ALL. Respect your opinion though.

Reks reminds me of someone following the Nas blueprint. I love that kind of rap where people are actually talking about something but aint sounding corny or too preachy. Still got that street gangsta sound even when trying to talk some positive shyt at times. To me, that's true HIP HOP.

On top of that, where did this kid come from? Like who the hell is he? I havent heard ONE wack track from him.

Dunno I think it's the rapid flow and a bit of the persona. I can't stand Royce either, so to me Reks is like Royce if he was dope

people sleeping on his last two albums

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kid? Dude has been putting in work since 2001. Glad someone made a thread about him, he's one of my favorite emcees right now. Grey Hairs, REKS, Straight No Chaser have all been album of the year contenders.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I won't front. He just got on my radar. 2001? Damn! I thought this was a yung'n trying to get in the game. Regardless of age, for me to recently hear him, gave me that good hip hop feel and the reason why I love hip hop to begin with.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I first got put onto Reks back in 2008 when he dropped this joint with Premo

:ohhh:

I wouldn't even compare him to Royce because Royce can't put out a great album. Reks does it every year. Kinda reminds me of Pac in a way how he can just pump out an emo song like its nothing. Two of my faves:

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Produced by preem (and cats say he fell of smh)

and this

[/INDENT]

Reks is ill BUT his major flaw is that he got a bad tendancy to overflow and he try too hard to body the instrumental which can be counter productive sometimes

Last edited by a moderator:

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, I feel kinda embarrassed not knowing he been around this long. He never rolled with anyone? Every song ya all posted really had me like :ohhh:

I gotta get his new album coming out. I'm shocked not a lot of hip hop heads, especially nas fans, r not screaming over this dude cuz that's who he reminds me of. Then again, maybe I'm just late as he'll and everybody just got tired cuz reks uses the same exact style and never goes for a really hit single to hit the air waves? Not sure but this dude is brand new for me and I'm rocking with him for now. I still feel that hunger in his music.