Ready to throw bench pressing in the bushes

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I used to be able to do 3 sets of 50 pushups and a 4th one with 60+ to the maximum that I could before failure
I went back to push ups today since i dont have access to a bench for the next two weeks
I was able to do one set of 50 push ups, the 2nd one I struggled to hit 50!
and I still gots to do my 2 other ones now.
Ok I'm able to bench press my weight. SO WHY THE fukk DID I BECOME WEAKER PUSH UP WISES?!!!
AIN'T THAT shyt SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER THAN PUSH UPS?
Man Im bringing push ups back and not doing bench presses
Push-ups could be seen as a partial bench-press at a weight resistance less than your body weight.
It's a trade off. Muscle mass and strength or less mass and less strength, but more endurance.
You can be a marathon runner and be pretzel thin or be a power lifter with thick leg muscles but have trouble with jogging 5 miles.
Your fitness goals are up to you.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Push-ups could be seen as a partial bench-press at a weight resistance less than your body weight.
It's a trade off. Muscle mass and strength or less mass and less strength, but more endurance.
You can be a marathon runner and be pretzel thin or be a power lifter with thick leg muscles but have trouble with jogging 5 miles.
Your fitness goals are up to you.

i got all those issues :mjcry:

Couth

I gave her D she got mad
Daps
... you were doing two different kinds of training. You didn't get weaker. Your muscles just have less endurance. And theirs probably a mental barrier their too. You haven't done it in so long so you didn't really push at it like you usually do.

If you like bench pressing you don't need to give it up. Just alternate between benching and pushups. USe pushups for endurance. Bench for strength.

I personally don't bench at all. Don't really see a point in lifting heavy.