Ready to throw bench pressing in the bushes

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
I used to be able to do 3 sets of 50 pushups and a 4th one with 60+ to the maximum that I could before failure

I went back to push ups today since i dont have access to a bench for the next two weeks

I was able to do one set of 50 push ups, the 2nd one I struggled to hit 50! :damn:
and I still gots to do my 2 other ones now.

Ok I'm able to bench press my weight. SO WHY THE fukk DID I BECOME WEAKER PUSH UP WISES?!!!
AIN'T THAT shyt SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER THAN PUSH UPS?
Man Im bringing push ups back and not doing bench presses :beli:

GuChiMeng

East (Asian) Atlanta Santa
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
How long has it been since you've done 50+ pushups?

When you were able to do them, how much could you bench? I bet it wasn't as much as you can now.

Training for strength=/=training for muscular endurance

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
What is your goal?

Like ^ said, strength and endurance are two different things.

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
How long has it been since you've done 50+ pushups?

When you were able to do them, how much could you bench? I bet it wasn't as much as you can now.

Training for strength=/=training for muscular endurance
Shiiet I think summer of last yr
I started the gym like 2 days a week with push ups in that week at home so nah this yr really n i did gym full time only in April.
Yeah I can def bench more than i used too before cuz i can bench press my weight now.
I guess im just worried cuz I start my military training in a month n i know these nikkas gon make me do push ups on some sadistic shyt.

But yesterday when I madr this thread i was able to do them push ups even tho it was hard as hell only did 60 on my 4th set tho.

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Not for mass, or strength though

Very good for stabiliser muscles, hence why I keep them in

Wrong breh, do dumbbell bench for a month without doing regular flat, I guarantee your bench goes up a good amoint, I went from doing 185 10 times on flat to hitting 225 15 times within a few months just doing dumbbell presses, I dont flat bench anymore unless Im working out with friends, currently repping the 130lb dumbbells for 4-6 reps and benching 315 for 3

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Wrong breh, do dumbbell bench for a month without doing regular flat, I guarantee your bench goes up a good amoint, I went from doing 185 10 times on flat to hitting 225 15 times within a few months just doing dumbbell presses, I dont flat bench anymore unless Im working out with friends, currently repping the 130lb dumbbells for 4-6 reps and benching 315 for 3

Nah I know breh, but I think that's dues to stabiliser muscles

I'm hitting 135lbs for reps and sets (8x4) at the min and my bench is in the high 300's, I just fee for pure strength the flat barbell bench is still where it is

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nah I know breh, but I think that's dues to stabiliser muscles

I'm hitting 135lbs for reps and sets (8x4) at the min and my bench is in the high 300's, I just fee for pure strength the flat barbell bench is still where it is

You may be right, I just know my bench took off after I started doing dumbbell bench consistently