Re-Assessing Jared Diamond's 'Guns, Germs and Steel'

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Do you think Tuaregs are white? Do you believe all Malagasy are Asian?

Moving on from your critical error...

You fail to see the danger of Diamond's work which is reformulating Eurocentric myths about Africa's people's. Diamond tries to side step the issue by saying race is a poor way to characterize peoples but does so anyway and so poorly that we are left with old European notions of race in Africa.

I believe Tuaregs are Tuaregs. Whether somebody wants to consider them black or not is irrelevant. What do the Tuaregs consider themselves?

This book has been out for years and has never had the stigma of advancing a Eurocentric agenda, and that's for a reason....because it doesn't. You can disagree with his conclusions if you want, but it's literally the opposite of a white power treatise. I dunno man, it sounds like you didn't really read the book.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
I believe Tuaregs are Tuaregs. Whether somebody wants to consider them black or not is irrelevant. What do the Tuaregs consider themselves?

This book has been out for years and has never had the stigma of advancing a Eurocentric agenda, and that's for a reason....because it doesn't. You can disagree with his conclusions if you want, but it's literally the opposite of a white power treatise. I dunno man, it sounds like you didn't really read the book.
"Tuaregs are Tuaregs"
Eish. Slow down before you hurt yourself, Cam Newton! I've read the book several times. Moreover, historians think the book is flawed for many reasons. I'm pointing out one of them. Why do you think the book is perfect? Is it foundational to your scant knowledge of African history?

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
"Tuaregs are Tuaregs"
Eish. Slow down before you hurt yourself, Cam Newton! I've read the book several times. Moreover, historians think the book is flawed for many reasons. I'm pointing out one of them. Why do you think the book is perfect? Is it foundational to your scant knowledge of African history?

Did I say the book is perfect? I said it wasn't Eurocentric.

The book starts off with a chapter called "Yalli's question," the question essentially being "How come whites were able to develop such advanced technology while we New Guineans (ie; blacks) could not?" The rest of the book is pretty much an answer to Yalli's question and a refutation of the notion that it was simply because whites are superior to and more naturally intelligent to blacks. It's literally the antithesis of Eurocentrism, that's why I suspect you didn't read the book, and if you did, you woefully misunderstood what it was setting out to do.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Did I say the book is perfect? I said it wasn't Eurocentric.

The book starts off with a chapter called "Yalli's question," the question essentially being "How come whites were able to develop such advanced technology while we New Guineans (ie; blacks) could not?" The rest of the book is pretty much an answer to Yalli's question and a refutation of the notion that it was simply because whites are superior to and more naturally intelligent to blacks. It's literally the antithesis of Eurocentrism, that's why I suspect you didn't read the book, and if you did, you woefully misunderstood what it was setting out to do.

If you had critical thinking skills, you'd realize the entire purpose of the thread is debunking the myth that Jared's book is an attempt to undermine Eurocentrism. In fact, his book supports Eurocentric notions about Africa's history - which you've been brainwashed into believing is Gospel without critical assessment.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
A video explaining how Diamond's hypothesis is incorrect.
Highlights include: - Mummification is an Ancient African practice from the Sahara
- Possibility that Ancient Egyptians ancestors (Nilo-Saharans?) migrated from the Sahara to the Nile
- 5000 year old Black mummy in Libya meaning Libya was once a Black country, unlike the 'White' designation given by Diamond