Rate This Singer - Female Edition - Day 24 - Lisa Fischer

How Would You Rate Lisa Fischer's Vocals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
I have to say, I appreciate OP adding in the live vids to give a better sense of what these singers are capable of, that's often overlooked. I see you, sir.

Fat Fred Jones

Reticent
Daps
Very limited career, but she has no vocal weaknesses. I don't know any technical jargon, 10. As a young kid, I remember thinking Lisa from Fresh Prince was Lisa Fischer because of the So Intense cover.

rBMJgKj
NIwqTvA.jpg

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Another singer I grew up on. Like others I'm surprised she didn't go to be more popular. I also am biased towards singers that can sing live as well. Just outside of Elite territory for me though.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Very limited career, but she has no vocal weaknesses. I don't know any technical jargon, 10. As a young kid, I remember thinking Lisa from Fresh Prince was Lisa Fischer because of the So Intense cover.

rBMJgKj
NIwqTvA.jpg
She performs with the Rolling Stones now. She does a good chorus on Gimme Shelter. Nice late-career hustle for a one hit wonder.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm the same way. Career success matters to me as well. Vocally, I'd give her a strong 9. Dynamic vocalist. She just lacks that certain quality of an Aretha and Whitney.
Only one hit single. One album. Legendary voice but a very forgettable career. I wonder what happen after her 1st album? She won a Grammy from her album and its just weird how she didn't parlay that into more success.

no offense but yall must be young

lisa spent 3 decades back-up singing for luther vandross and the rolling stones....

i always accepted that thats what she preferred....

everyone isnt in it for the notoriety :yeshrug: