Votes: 1 6.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 (it works)

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • 10 (Premier institution of Black Excellence)

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
I'm pretty sure that the chick to the far right on the first Miss Maroon and White picture is on OF.:patrice:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
This is rare air here, it’s a level of prestige that goes into obtaining this degree, some people let it define them and becomes a tool they judge nikkas for, and it’s a lot of cool nikkas i know graduated including my right hand man from hs who’s a lawyer back home in Chicago, nikka transferred from DePaul too

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I don’t know how the apartments work, but CAU only had one male dorm, Brawley Hall. And back when Stegalls Wings was still open, we had to walk the Promenade to get there and to the Library. So it was always some shyt, and I remember at the CAU-Morehouse game we had a huge brawl on the promenade shyt was fun and crazy as hell.

It wasn’t all bad though, we used to smoke major blunts on top of Brawley Hall, sometimes we had like 20-25 blunts all going at once.

I was there when they had the major drug and gun bust, I think like 50 folks got hemmed up. Glad I wasn’t part of that.

Who the heck was beefing with Clark?

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Who the heck was beefing with Clark?
Spelman and Clark Atlanta girls mostly and Morehouse guys were supporting Spelman women

Just some teenager freshman shyt tbh. Nothing major. Low key I knew I was mad at them because they got their visitation after Labor Day and we had to wait until Halloween, so they had places to take their girls to smash while we at Morehouse didn’t (freshman have to stay on campus and I’m not from Atlanta).

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Spelman and Clark Atlanta girls mostly and Morehouse guys were supporting Spelman women

Just some teenager freshman shyt tbh. Nothing major. Low key I knew I was mad at them because they got their visitation after Labor Day and we had to wait until Halloween, so they had places to take their girls to smash while we at Morehouse didn’t (freshman have to stay on campus and I’m not from Atlanta).

It's always interesting to hear other people's experience in the AU. All of that completely missed me.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
It's always interesting to hear other people's experience in the AU. All of that completely missed me.
If you stayed in the quad do you remember Reverend Rogers? He was RD over Thurman Hall for a long time. He was a great family friend and funny as hell. He used to tell stories about growing up in Mississippi that just had to be lies lmao

I will say, it taught me it’s about who you know sometimes and not what you know. And that’s true when you’re moving up on the corporate ladder.

We had a juug spot right across from the basketball arena (Ashby grove) and university homes was still around and they used to bag a lot of women on campus. It was really like School Daze in real life

Edit: he was at Hubert Hall

Last edited:

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
If you stayed in the quad do you remember Reverend Rogers? He was RD over Thurman Hall for a long time. He was a great family friend and funny as hell. He used to tell stories about growing up in Mississippi that just had to be lies lmao

I will say, it taught me it’s about who you know sometimes and not what you know. And that’s true when you’re moving up on the corporate ladder.

We had a juug spot right across from the basketball arena (Ashby grove) and university homes was still around and they used to bag a lot of women on campus. It was really like School Daze in real life

Rev. Rogers was LEGEND.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Was he the one who looked like Bubba Gump?

I most definitely remember Rev. Rogers hilarious country ass though.
Hell no lmao. He wasn’t no slack jawed mf lol but he was definitely from Bama and had plenty of sense. I remember doing student affairs work at like ten years old during the summer.

Last edited:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
My Alma Mater!

Expensive, but very much worth it. The best of the best in giving a solid education. The experience of being on a campus, surrounded by other AUC campuses, allowed a lot of interaction with the best and brightest among our people. My years there were some of the best in my life, so much so that even now at age 53, I still dream about my time at Morehouse.

We had a comradery that was pretty much like having an entire college also be a fraternity, where nearly every Morehouse Brother recognized each other and our Sister's at Spelman. We also interacted with Clark AU and Morris Brown too, all of us coming together at parties, cross campus classes, and the central meeting spot, Club Woody (Robert A. Woodruff Library). Oh yea, and can't forget Stegall's Food, where "CBS all they way" was almost a mantra in my time.

The classes were challenging, with many of my BOOST brothers not making it all the way through the full four years. Still, they were also very interesting and taught by professors who cared about the curriculum and the students' grasp of the subject matter. If I had a son, I would have definitely encouraged him to go to Morehouse like I tried to get my daughter to go to Spelman. Still, I do have to admit that the tuition could be quite prohibitive for many students, costing more than 35k a year even with financial aid.

My view of Morehouse is very positively biased. Can you blame me though? Morehouse opened so many doors for me that I will always be grateful for the education I received, the friends I made, and experiences I had there. So I gave the school the highest rating possible on the poll, but really I would have given it 10 times the max if it was possible.

Last edited:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps

Heard of him but never dealt with him directly. I came through DuBois. Lots of islanders, especially Trinis. What you mentioned regarding freshman rules we just ignored. Fellas had women sleeping overnight in their rooms, rum stashes, soundclashes from one end of a floor to the other...good times.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
This is rare air here, it’s a level of prestige that goes into obtaining this degree, some people let it define them and becomes a tool they judge nikkas for, and it’s a lot of cool nikkas i know graduated including my right hand man from hs who’s a lawyer back home in Chicago, nikka transferred from DePaul too
Yea, we do have a bit of a PR problem when it comes to people thinking we are stuck-up and classist. My wife surprises a lot of people when they find out she went to Spelman. She seems so down to earth, compared to what their image of what a Spelman woman would be like.

It is kind of hilarious when they say a bunch of negative stuff about how stuck-up they think we are, not knowing they are talking to some. My wife normally just pulls out her Spelman keychain and smile.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency

Wait, what years were you down there? I was there from 89-93'. I remember Clark and Morehouse having a beef then, though I do not remember what it was about. I do remember walking right up on the Clark brothers with my Morehouse sweatshirt on, and one of them saying "Naw, that brother is cool." Did not see who said it, but was probably some brother that was in NROTC with me since it had students from all of the undergrad campuses in the AUC.