Rate This Girl: Day 43 - Viola Davis

How fine is Viola?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Ehhhh, idk if I can buy that argument. It's not like she's getting her fair share of roles on prime time television to pick and choose like that. Furthermore, she plays a law professor which can be viewed as progression, considering many black women are maids/whores/drug addicts on screen. Was will Smith a bedbuck for doing movies with white women as his leading lady? Denzel ?

Should viola at age 51 go train for an entirely new career just so she won't have to play a "bedwench" on screen ? If she makes 50k from that role and donates it to sending some black kids to college is it OK then ? Too many variables for ur point to apply

She plays an intelligent, well-educated black female law professor who SOMEHOW is a white man's cumbucket.

She, like Kerry Washington, is trash.

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
Jordan, Jasmine, Jolie, Julius
Mya, must have gotten the second spot because she's Becky with the good hair. Like literrally, Amara looks way better, better body, better face. Like wtf.

I'll give Viola a 10. #darkskinlivesmatter She was the like the only celeb on my IG that posted about Malcolm X's birthday and for that she will always have a place in my heart. People always remember the King, but fail to recognize the X

Woman of god

Banned
Daps
Are you going to prove how what I said is incorrect? :jbhmm:
You said she is trash. Trash is defined as something that is no longer useful or wanted or has been thrown away. She is still useful to her husband and daughter, additionally her show is getting renewed/still being aired, indicating that it is wanted by a satisfactory amount of viewers. The fact that she plays a white man's love interest on her show is not debatable. That is not sufficient evidence to extrapolate her moral standing on various off screen topics. If it were, you would have to designate every Black actor who ever played a thief, criminal, drug dealer, pimp, robber, rapist, murderer. Etc. As trash as well. Which would make cinematic production virtually worthless.

Now, will u answer my other questions?

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
You said she is trash. Trash is defined as something that is no longer useful or wanted or has been thrown away. She is still useful to her husband and daughter, additionally her show is getting renewed/still being aired, indicating that it is wanted by a satisfactory amount of viewers. The fact that she plays a white man's love interest on her show is not debatable. That is not sufficient evidence to extrapolate her moral standing on various off screen topics. If it were, you would have to designate every Black actor who ever played a thief, criminal, drug dealer, pimp, robber, rapist, murderer. Etc. As trash as well. Which would make cinematic production virtually worthless.

Now, will u answer my other questions?

I initially said she was ugly and old. And a bedwench (for the image she presents in the media). How am I incorrect?

Woman of god

Banned
Daps
I initially said she was ugly and old. And a bedwench (for the image she presents in the media). How am I incorrect?
Her character is a bedwench. She is not the character she plays on tv. Viola Davis =/ Anneliese Keating. Absurdity would ensue if we judged screen actors for the thoughts and practices of the characters they play. That's how ur incorrect.

Old and ugly is relative. If she lives to be 90, she's middle aged right now. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Do you have an answer for what I asked u