Rate: Tokyo

• Total voters

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
10/10 for the world’s biggest city.

I look forward to visiting this place someday. It’s on my Top 10 bucket list of cities in the world I wanna visit in my lifetime.

Watching travel vlogs, documentaries, and anime that depict Tokyo and its daily life, I’m constantly curious about this city.

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Amazing city :blessed:

I think I would have stayed living in Japan longer if I actually lived in Tokyo.

Shibuya was my favorite section of Tokyo

Roppongi is hella fun, but watch out for the Nigerians harassing you every block to come to their titty bar.

Great bars, and the konbinis (convenience stores) are open all night so you can buy a bento box and some water to sober your ass up

Akihabara is great for you nerd/geek brehs

There are nice ass parks, and my favorite was Ueno park

As far as women, Tokyo is an international city, so it's not just Japanese chicks like the small towns in Japan. You can find pretty any type of woman, especially if you get on a dating app out there. That's lowkey how I got to see so much of Tokyo. I was going into the city for dates damn near every weekend,.

Train service is punctual, speedy, extensive, and well-run. The only drawback is the famous crowding during rush hour when nikkas gotta be pushed into the train.

There is cool shyt to see, like the Skytree, Tokyo Tower, etc.

I gave it a 9. I don't think I've given any 10s, because no city is perfect.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Amazing city :blessed:

I think I would have stayed living in Japan longer if I actually lived in Tokyo.

Shibuya was my favorite section of Tokyo

Roppongi is hella fun, but watch out for the Nigerians harassing you every block to come to their titty bar.

Great bars, and the konbinis (convenience stores) are open all night so you can buy a bento box and some water to sober your ass up

Akihabara is great for you nerd/geek brehs

There are nice ass parks, and my favorite was Ueno park

As far as women, Tokyo is an international city, so it's not just Japanese chicks like the small towns in Japan. You can find pretty any type of woman, especially if you get on a dating app out there. That's lowkey how I got to see so much of Tokyo. I was going into the city for dates damn near every weekend,.

Train service is punctual, speedy, extensive, and well-run. The only drawback is the famous crowding during rush hour when nikkas gotta be pushed into the train.

There is cool shyt to see, like the Skytree, Tokyo Tower, etc.

I gave it a 9. I don't think I've given any 10s, because no city is perfect.

Do you have to know Japanese to navigate through the city?

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Do you have to know Japanese to navigate through the city?

It helps, but no. In Tokyo, you can get by pretty easily. Outside of a major city, you have to know at least some Japanese. However, Tokyo will accomodate you in a lot of ways:

A lot of service staff in the city are good enough in English, plus all of the restaurants have pictures next to every menu item. Just point to what you want lol.

Also, there are many bars, clubs, and other establishments that cater to gaijin (foreign) clientele

The train stops and other transport info are written in romaji (our lettering) as well as Japanese scripts

Map apps are also a lifesaver. I don't know how I would've gotten around Japan in the pre-smartphone era.

As long as you stay in a major city like Tokyo (and I'm assuming Osaka as well), the language barrier won't be a problem.

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
I heard that Tokyo was actually very welcoming towards Blacks. I hope I get the chance to visit it one day.

:mjlol: no. They're not. Japanese people are just really good at hiding how they really feel. Its cultural.
Ive been to Tokyo multiple times, and spent significant time there. They're generally a$$holes to nonwhite foreigners, and even some white foreigners. There are bars and restaurants that don't allow non-Japanese people in, period.

Tokyo has a nice face in the front but don't get it twisted, it has a dark side like every city. I got robbed in Tokyo.

Still, overall a cool place with plenty to do. I gave it an 8 because its so fukking expensive, even just to get from one station to another. And well, I've seen how shytty Japanese people can really be. If you only spend a few days there, I can see why you'd give it a 10.