• Poll closed .

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
@LauderdaleBoss fam I looked up banana fish

:dame: I’m going to add it down the line, but you should’ve gave a nikka warning.

Yeah my bad fam. I did my best to overlook that theme while watching the show. (Had to do if for Spartacus as well) but,....

That's friendship thing them nikkas had going was really the only flaw the show had. Everything else was done real good. The way all the gangs had to click up to beat bigger gangs was dope. nikkas constantly switching sides and having agendas. The amount of bodies caught during shoot outs was crazy. shyt was dope as fukk, but I can understand if that part pushed anybody away.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland

great atmosphere, real stakes, dororo and hyakimaru had to carry the show and the two as a duo did a good job:ehh:

kinda monster of the week-ish, a bit of a fumbled ending in regards to some characters fates:francis:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Dropped this half way through because I couldn't sympathize with Hyakkimaru. Wants you to view him as a tragic figure when he's actually privileged. Women and children eaten by demons, villages raided by bandits while he's able to defend himself from harm. Has prosthetic limbs that act as sword sheaths and can somehow grip objects as if he's using automail 17th century. Probably a better fighter with those prosthetics than without. Not having senses seems like an advantage in such a violent world where just about everything you see and smell and feel is horrifying.

There's a doctor in this show with PTSD from seeing people slaughtered before his eyes. Makes it a life mission to develop prosthetics for those who lose limbs. He's a much more interesting character than a guy with the personality of a rock. Would be better if he did have a personality but no means to express it, and the more human parts he recovers the more he realizes that expression in a period of mass cruelty is futile. Him being a blank slate made his long journey to recover parts while being followed by a kid with plot armor dull to follow.

The kid was REALLY annoying to me. Feels out of place in the setting and he gets protection while other kids are killed for no reason. IIRC there's a scene where he is separated from Hyakkimaru in this village raided by bandits. There's a bunch of other children surrounding him. They all die except for him, Hyakkimaru saves the day just in time for him to live. He's privileged when he really shouldn't be if this anime is trying to be a convincing tragedy

Giving it a 5. Maybe there's something at the end of this that makes finishing worth it. but I'd rather just read the manga and get through everything in a 1/3 of the time.

nominating S.Cry.Ed. Aired on toonami for a bit.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
The emotional payoff at the end makes it a ten.

Boy became his own man at the end :wow:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps

This was real dope. Had everything you could want in anime. Great story, dope fights, good animation, and dope characters. Loved the whole adventure feel. Great dialogue with mad gems sprinkled throughout.

Show had great openings as well.

"This is the path I chose" :wow:

Has to live with his various terrible decisions:wow:

Forgiveness can be a weapon too :wow: