Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart Preview Thread -Early GOTY Contender-

Daps
:dead:
I played a bit of Horizon and liked it but never finished it. I feared it might get repetitive and bland. The sequel looks amazing but it's cross gen. I was planning on finishing the rest of the first game before the sequel but had incentive to play other games instead. My PS5 backlog is slowing starting to fill up. Hopefully I can finish it before the sequel releases or I can wait. If Ragnarok releases sometime after Horizon this year then :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Damn, just looking at this and it looks exactly like what I'd imagine a AAA platformer game to look like with this type of hardware. Imagine a Jak and Daxter or Mario game with this level of quality :wow:

We’ll find out in like 15 years or so lol

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m mostly waiting to see if the sequel to HZD fixes the things that bothered me about the first game.

I feel like with the first game in the series you just gotta hope it even releases, its playable, it does something to stand out.

The sequel is when they gotta prove they are top tier developers and can grow the franchise into something unique and long lasting.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh look another hype thread for a game that's soon to be released that already has a thread.....:mjlol:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Damn, just looking at this and it looks exactly like what I'd imagine a AAA platformer game to look like with this type of hardware. Imagine a Jak and Daxter or Mario game with this level of quality :wow:
Man tell your boys at ND to get off their high horse and give us another Jak and Daxter. I loved that series.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
xabIEeQ.png

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
“PS5 Is the Least Constrained Hardware We’ve Ever Worked On”: Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart Game Director

“[A] majority of time spent in gameplay is in combat,” he says. “So we want every single weapon to be possible to be a favorite, it's got to be a 10 in some way.”
“But we knew also we want mini-games, we need exotic traversal, we need specialty combat in some places as well,” he says. “The game basically takes you on this parade of different types of gameplay that's very diverse and sort of always changing.”

“Given our experience with Sunset Overdrive and Spider-Man, both of which have bigger traversal moves that chain together even more, we took some of that into Rift Apart,” he says. “We realised that by being able to mix in a dash and add more nuance to the hover boots, and giving you a few more things that you can do with your slingshot, then you can give Ratchet a little bit more of that creative, freeform traversal notion that people love so much in the other games.”

“And now that I've had experience working with a super fast hard drive 3D spatial audio and controller haptics and adaptive triggers, I would see the lack of those things as much more of a constraint than anything that the console gives us,” he says.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
if ragnarok drops this year it will be the favorite for GOTY obviously unless Santa Monica somehow fukks it up
however, Sony is dropping multiple GOTY quality games and I assume the horizon sequel will be the same even though it is cross gen
this generation is going to be a new golden age if MS can catch up and join with their own GOTY quality exclusives
I hope ragnarok is ps5 exclusive