Raptors' Jontay Porter Being Investigated on Irregularities on Prop Betting

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

At issue are prop bets involving Porter from games on Jan. 26 and March 20, multiple sources told ESPN. The NBA did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

In the game on Jan. 26 against the LA Clippers, there was increased betting interest on the under for Porter props, which for the night were set at 5.5 points, 4.5 rebounds and 1.5 assists. There was also an over/under for Porter's made 3-pointers, which was 0.5.

That night, Porter played just four minutes before leaving the game due to what the Raptors said was a re-aggravation of an eye injury he'd suffered four days earlier in a game against the Memphis Grizzlies. He did not score in the game against the Clippers, had three rebounds and one assist, and did not attempt a 3, meaning the under hit on all of the props.

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt is super prevalent in soccer. I watch tons of the various European leagues and there are many, well known players who have gotten caught up in stuff like this. All around the globe

Seeing how prevalent it is there I kinda realized the other day that I was shocked people here weren't getting caught as much.

I think going forward we are going to see a lot of this in American sports

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The betting element didn't cross my mind when I saw this play a few weeks...

I haven't looked up what his over/under for points were in this game but, stuff like this is suspect and I image over the years players will start looking at teammates funny because some of the stuff they are pulling in these games do not make basketball sense