Rapper Accidentally Kills Himself on IG Live

degu9089

All Star
Daps
I had a close call like this. I was playing with guns with my high school friends. We shot trees and shyt. I get home and I think the gun in unloaded. I go to my car, just fukking around with the gun. I put the gun to my head, ready to pull the trigger, like it was nothing. Something tells me to point it in a different direction. I point it to my car window, thinking nothing about it. I pull the trigger and it goes off. The car window is destroyed. I was freaked the fukk out. I coulda died easily, but something kept me from doing it. It could have just been a lucky thought, but whatever it was, it made me think. I was fukked up for a long time after that. I still am fukked up about it to some degree. Shooting my window out, knowing it could have been my brains, fukked me up. So, I've come to learn you never point your gun at anything, unless you're ready to shoot.
Who let you have access to guns without drilling basic firearm safety first? My pops taught me and my siblings by using a frozen can of pineapple juice he set on a range and had us shoot. When we went to look at it after, he said now imagine what it’ll do to a person. Never once felt the need to fukk around with a gun ever since. Always follow the basic rules breh.

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
This dumb shyt been going on. We're just able to see it in real time now.

After touring for a year, Ace had been performing at the City Auditorium in Houston, Texas, on Christmas Day 1954. During a break between sets, he was playing with a .32 caliber revolver. Members of Ace's band said he did this often, sometimes shooting at roadside signs from their car.

It was widely reported that Ace killed himself playing Russian roulette.[16][17][18] However, Thornton's bass player, Curtis Tillman, who witnessed the event, said, "I will tell you exactly what happened! Johnny Ace had been drinking and he had this little pistol he was waving around the table and someone said ‘Be careful with that thing…’ and he said ‘It’s okay! Gun’s not loaded… see?’ and pointed it at himself with a smile on his face and ‘Bang!’ — sad, sad thing. Big Mama ran out of the dressing room yelling ‘Johnny Ace just killed himself!'"[19]

Big Mama Thornton said in a written statement (included in the book The Late Great Johnny Ace) that Ace had been playing with the gun but not playing Russian roulette. According to Thornton, Ace pointed the gun at his girlfriend and another woman who were sitting nearby but did not fire. He then pointed the gun toward himself, bragging that he knew which chamber was loaded. The gun went off, shooting him in the side of the head. According to his biographer Nick Tosches, Ace shot himself with a .32 pistol, not a .22, and it happened little more than an hour after he had bought a new 1955 Oldsmobile.[20]

Ace's funeral was held on January 2, 1955 at Clayborn Temple AME church in Memphis. It was attended by an estimated 5,000 people.[21] His remains were buried at New Park Cemetery in Memphis.[22]

"Pledging My Love"[18] was a posthumous R&B number 1 hit for ten weeks beginning February 12, 1955. As Billboard bluntly put it, Ace's death "created one of the biggest demands for a record that has occurred since the death of Hank Williams just over two years ago."[23] Thus Johnny Ace became the first act to reach the Billboard pop charts only after death.[24] His single recordings were compiled and released as The Johnny Ace Memorial Album.