Random thing I noticed about people and food

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
i had some family visit recently and I fixed a plate for lunch. I had a can of tuna, sunflower kernels, 2 boiled eggs, and a piece of fruit.

A family member looked at my plate and said "That's all you eating?":dahell::picard:

I couldn't help but think about how unhealthy eating has become so normalized that if I had a plate of mac n cheese, fried chicken, corn bread, mashed potatoes and a soda to wash it down, nobody would've even batted an eye.

I ain't one of them cats that gets all preachy telling people what they can and can't eat or telling people what they eating is unhealthy, but I just think it's weird when someone sees you eating what they aren't used to and feel compelled to comment on it in a negative way.

/rant

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Most people aren’t aware of how easy it is to overeat, or even how much they should be eating period. Combine that with portion sizes being OD in this country, and the new norm becomes :flabbynsick:
That's why I count calories everyday. I log in every meal and snack I have daily to make sure I don't go over my daily limit.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
me being healthy has ruined hanging out w/ family during the holidays.
I can barely eat the food I grew up with.

I feel bad for saying this...but the last time I ate my moms food I remember being SUPER thirsty from all the salt.

It was good...but I could feel how bad it was for me.

And when I talk to her about eating more healthy she acts like its an impossible task :what:

shyt low key annoys me.

But our perception of whats going on out there in terms of health is skewed because we are in the gym 3 to 5 times a week...
...even the :flabbynsick: cats in the gym are doing better than the general public.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
Man I’ve become so good at portions and calorie awareness I don’t even have to use MFP anymore as long as what I’m eating has a proper nutrition label
I eat the same foods so often I could do the same but MFP has become a way of life...and I want to keep my streak going.

Amused Mastery

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
That's why I count calories everyday. I log in every meal and snack I have daily to make sure I don't go over my daily limit.
Same, I'm really loyal to MFP, especially with it having compatibility with other apps/devices I use. Being able to see how much I've had during the day and going "that's it, I'm done eating until tomorrow" is huge. :wow:

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
Same, I'm really loyal to MFP, especially with it having compatibility with other apps/devices I use. Being able to see how much I've had during the day and going "that's it, I'm done eating until tomorrow" is huge. :wow:
Breh...I've told so many people about MFP that I should be on their payroll. That app changed my lifestyle and probably put extra years on my life. You're much more conscious about what you eat and drink when you can see the ramifications of it.

Being able to schedule your food intake on your daily caloric goals is like a map to a healthy lifestyle from a nutritional standpoint. Everyone trying to lose or maintain their weight should use it.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Alot of people are disgusted with eating tuna out of a can, I used to eat it all the time, but I wouldn't do it in front of people.
:yeshrug:

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
Alot of people are disgusted with eating tuna out of a can, I used to eat it all the time, but I wouldn't do it in front of people.
:yeshrug:
My homie did that shyt when he was on his protein kick. Breh used to eat that shyt all day and it worked because he's Terry Crews big right now.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Sadly this is real
Just think how eating vegan is basically clowned and demonized by the majority
I have people in my family with diabetes who still regularly eat that trash soul food diet of fried chicken, Mac and cheese, and greens every other day
At this point I don’t even bother saying anything it’s so much information out here on health they have to be making conscious decision to eat bad

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
i had some family visit recently and I fixed a plate for lunch. I had a can of tuna, sunflower kernels, 2 boiled eggs, and a piece of fruit.

A family member looked at my plate and said "That's all you eating?":dahell::picard:

I couldn't help but think about how unhealthy eating has become so normalized that if I had a plate of mac n cheese, fried chicken, corn bread, mashed potatoes and a soda to wash it down, nobody would've even batted an eye.

I ain't one of them cats that gets all preachy telling people what they can and can't eat or telling people what they eating is unhealthy, but I just think it's weird when someone sees you eating what they aren't used to and feel compelled to comment on it in a negative way.

/rant

Tell them about calorie deficit and they will try to kill you lol :russ: