Random NFL Observations 2023-24 Thread

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Those lucky wins were folds gold. Saleh was even out there talkin bout ‘we embarrassing QBs :obama:

Made them get comfy not to add a QB—-OR ANOTHER WR—-they bout to go 5-12
Salah knows Wilson buys him another year. He has nothing to lose playing him. Whe they win, salah looks like a great coach. When they lose, it's all on Wilson.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Jets keep taking L's Aaron can just return next year

I wouldn't rush back this year with this OL, that's for damn sure.

This game has convinced me that Zach could be a decent starting QB in this league, but it absolutely won't happen for the Jets.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
9 rookie QBs have played and all of em look better than Zach Wilson :francis:

A lot of this is on him Rodgers and his goofy ass trust and loyalty w/ WRs. Lazard as their #2 is absolutely killing them, and he’s only there bc of Rodgers

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
Salah knows Wilson buys him another year. He has nothing to lose playing him. Whe they win, salah looks like a great coach. When they lose, it's all on Wilson.
Media why won't you make a QB chance they was never going to make a charge period if anything Sieman is only here because the media kept talking. Unless Zach did the whole immature brat thing again like he did last year no matter how bad he plays he was never getting benched.

Honest he hasn't even been the problem its the shoot yourself in the foot penalty & drops & horrible O-line play before i even blame Zach

Braman

Superstar
Daps

Yeeeea nah. That doesn’t make sense. In this climate you don’t gain job security with losses.

And the defense IS that good that better QB play could get them close to a playoff spot. So if he could, he would. But that better QB is not on the roster. Saleh isn’t the GM

His ‘No comment’ last week confirmed its above his pay grade it’s management who refused to add a QB. Trevor semian starting would be even worse

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
why are the Jets throwing their season away still trotting out Zach Wilson? this guy sucks
because they don't care. nothing woulda made them happier than to win a game that ugly because it reinforces to them that what they're doing works. It doesn't.

The season died after 4 offensive snaps. The whole season from Hackett to Saleh's rah rah stuff to Aaron Rodgers teasing a comeback is a lie. Deep down they know it's a lie but they gotta fight on that lie. You know why both NY teams have trash for QB's? Cuz once you're at this point, they didn't think they'd be here and now that they're here, they gotta admit privately that this ain't it and they have.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Yeeeea nah. That doesn’t make sense. In this climate you don’t gain job security with losses.

And the defense IS that good that better QB play could get them close to a playoff spot. So if he could, he would. But that better QB is not on the roster. Saleh isn’t the GM

His ‘No comment’ last week confirmed its above his pay grade it’s management who refused to add a QB. Trevor semian starting would be even worse
Rodgers getting hurt gave him and the front office a shield for the season. All of the losses are excused as long as zach is the qb. They had the chance to get wentz and didnt. Dobbs went for a 6th and they didnt want him. They dont want to upgrade even at the expense of the season. It's clear what the agenda is

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Rodgers getting hurt gave him and the front office a shield for the season. All of the losses are excused as long as zach is the qb. They had the chance to get wentz and didnt. Dobbs went for a 6th and they didnt want him. They dont want to upgrade even at the expense of the season. It's clear what the agenda is
Nah man. They genuinely thought the defense was good enough to carry them. They legit thought if Zach just don’t turn it over they can play 1995 football and Breece and the D will save them. By the time they see they’re wrong, deadline past.

Also gotta take into account that with that schedule, even with Rodgers people were already thinking if they can come out 3-3 they straight. They did and got comfy.

And the reason for no new qb is bc of what every team does they are hesitant to go away from a young QB bc once you do it’s over. Ie Belicheck’s resistance to permanently bench Mac Jones. Falcons resistance to bench ridder. Etc

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
They've admitted they don't wanna use him cuz they think he's too frail for it.

There's a lot of things they don't want Zach doing because they think he isn't capable of it, even though the game tape of this season says Wilson is actually more than capable of every NFL throw and tends to do a lot better with a moving pocket and/or 1-2-3-NOW throws.

Simply put, the only QB meant to succeed in this offense is Rodgers, because he doesn't need coaching. Zach Wilson needs coaching. He needs a tried and true system that is proven to create good QB play. It's good to see Garrett Wilson producing -- drops aside -- but no matter what the Jets have on defense, they are philosophically not meant to win a game where the QB is the leading rusher and the OL can't dominate the defensive front. And since the QB seems streaky, the coaches won't allow the man to really play to his strengths -- i.e. downfield improvisation on the move ala Seattle Russell Wilson -- to potentially open up the offense.

As of right now, the Jets have to win via steady, consistent execution and playing clean/smart ball. Despite this not exactly being Zach's game, he's admirably tried. Nothing great, but nothing truly egregious based on previous standard. How many times this season have drives died and points been deleted because of penalties or ill-timed sacks, drops, etc?

By no means am I saying Zach has played spectacularly. He hasn't. FAR from it. He's been largely average with some flashes of "He might can be something" and a few "Nikka, you gotta go" incidents. But for a long time, Jets fans were all like "Zach, just don't lose us the game" and more often than not, he's avoided being the main reason why they lose the game and guess what? "Zach, you lost us the game! :pacspit:"

Last edited:

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Me as a Giants fan:

Kyler's back :mjlit:

Bryce Young needs help :damn:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Week 17 is going to end up being fascinating with these bottom teams. Giants are definitely going to shut down Tyrod, and I wouldn't be shocked if Malik Cunningham start at the end of year for NE. If the Packers lose their next 3 which is highly possible, might even see Clifford starting. Same with Russ and Payton might 'shut him down'