Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't remember ever seeing this. A bad coach with a bad record transitioning to a front office role after I assume getting fired or something similar to that. Is this just cheap ownership not wanting to pay a guy sitting at home?
The Brad Stevens special. They want to get rid of you because you can’t coach, but they have a soft spot for you and value your reputation.

They must like Wes or feel they owe his father because they typically don’t do this for black coaches :ehh:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Brad Stevens special. They want to get rid of you because you can’t coach, but they have a soft spot for you and value your reputation.

They must like Wes or feel they owe his father because they typically don’t do this for black coaches :ehh:

Stevens always had good records so it makes sense for ownership to keep him around. This is different...this nicca is complete ass.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Yea, same shyt with Flip Saunders' son iirc. Gifted him the HC job after his father died. Saw he was trash but instead of bushing him completely, they gave him a front office gig.

Regardless of Stevens regular season record, he couldn't get it done in the playoffs and a change was needed, but they weren't going to just bush him because that was/is Ainge's guy. Unseld, whether bc of his father or his own accord is likely beloved in the org. I doubt Spoelstra is ever getting "fired". At worst he'll transitioned a front office gig to retire in, if shyt ever hits the wall as a HC.