Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bulls individual defense looks good on those isos but once the Knicks start moving that ball around it just collapses for the Bull

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
As we all thought. Knicks lost for not at least attempting to play IQ and Brunson together in the backcourt
I feel like the answer for the knicks was to move randle, not RJ and IQ

I think brunson wanted them gone so they gone but I don't know how I feel about it. OG an analytics darling but that doesn't translate to winning when it counts..

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I feel like the answer for the knicks was to move randle, not RJ and IQ

I think brunson wanted them gone so they gone but I don't know how I feel about it. OG an analytics darling but that doesn't translate to winning when it counts..

RJ & Randle needed to go but IQ was great off the bench but you can't pay all that money to a bench player

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
RJ & Randle needed to go but IQ was great off the bench but you can't pay all that money to a bench player
I don't think he was going to get paid a crazy amount tbh, and it's about value. OG starts but is he actually better? I'm not convinced.

RJ is an average player but with the added spacing of no randle I'd be intrigued to see if that enhanced his play.

It's all water under the bridge now. :manny:

charknicks

All Star
Daps
This era of All Star basketball in the regular season just isnt exciting.

So far tonight, 3 teams have scored 140+ points, and 3 others have 100+ through 3 quarters. Where is ANY defense?

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I don't think he was going to get paid a crazy amount tbh, and it's about value. OG starts but is he actually better? I'm not convinced.

RJ is an average player but with the added spacing of no randle I'd be intrigued to see if that enhanced his play.

It's all water under the bridge now. :manny:
OG definitely fits better for the Knicks. He can guard the opposing teams best player and can contribute offensively/hit a 3.

I think you’re wrong about IQ, you look at him as instant offense off the bench and yeah he does that, but he was never given the opportunity to start really, any time he’s started he’s performed well and he really isn’t a liability at guard defensively.

Now, Brunson and IQ is very, VERY small in the backcourt but the Knicks want to bring in Spida who is the same size.

IQ can be more than Jordan Clarkson/Lou Will off the bench

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
This era of All Star basketball in the regular season just isnt exciting.

So far tonight, 3 teams have scored 140+ points, and 3 others have 100+ through 3 quarters. Where is ANY defense?

Knicks hit 15 3s which equals 45 pts add on 70 and you get 115...the prevalence of the 3 has bumped up these scores.

Move the ball enough and you can break down any defense and all teams now hunt mismatches

Simply put, offenses and offensive players are too good for the game now...probably gonna have to get rid of the corner 3 and extend the 3 pt line.

Last edited:

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Ayo I know this is probably common knowledge and I’m late as fukk but did you y’all hear about Nash apparently divorcing his wife the day after she gave birth because the baby was black?? :mindblown: Mans thought Barbosa was knocking her down and it ended up being Jason fukking Richardson. :dead: How the hell did I miss this?? :gurl:

Edit: someone tell me this is fake news please

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
OG definitely fits better for the Knicks. He can guard the opposing teams best player and can contribute offensively/hit a 3.

I think you’re wrong about IQ, you look at him as instant offense off the bench and yeah he does that, but he was never given the opportunity to start really, any time he’s started he’s performed well and he really isn’t a liability at guard defensively.

Now, Brunson and IQ is very, VERY small in the backcourt but the Knicks want to bring in Spida who is the same size.

IQ can be more than Jordan Clarkson/Lou Will off the bench
You meant to quote him or me for the bottom 2 paragraphs because I didn't say that about IQ I actually agree with you about him.

I feel that OG's defensive prowess is greatly exaggerated and there's not any top players that he gives a hard time or slows down and his offensive contribution is extremely average. I'm not seeing him as this defensive culture changing swiss army knife player that analytics say he is

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Knicks hit 15 3s which equals 45 pts and on 70 and you get 115...the prevalence of the 3 has bumped up these scores.

Move the ball enough and you can break down any defense and all teams now hunt mismatches

Simply put, offenses and offensive players are to go for the game now...probably gonna have to get rid of the corner 3 and extend the 3 pt line.
It’s 100% time to move the three point line back and eliminate the corner three

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Knicks hit 15 3s which equals 45 pts and on 70 and you get 115...the prevalence of the 3 has bumped up these scores.

Simply put, offenses and offensive players are to go for the game now...probably gonna have to get rid of the corner 3 and extend the 3 pt line.

For sure. I have always said the corner 3 needs to go. The line needs to be 25 feet. You inside that, too bad