Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
If Jaylen played for any other team he'd be one of the favorites on the coli but since it's the C's that nonsensical hate meter kicks in :russ:

Remember when coli posters said he wasn't gonna take the money?
Dudes in here are still acting like players aren’t taking the money and then worrying about the rest later.

It’s why I think someone like Mitchell is going to do the same thing as he’d be giving up $60+ million with Cleveland if he left as a FA.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Dudes in here are still acting like players aren’t taking the money and then worrying about the rest later.

It’s why I think someone like Mitchell is going to do the same thing as he’d be giving up $60+ million with Cleveland if he left as a FA.

To my knowledge, nobody has ever turned down a supermax contract and that's not going to magically start happening. It's good for the league. Otherwise a guy like Zion (despite what you think of him) would already be outta New Orleans and there'd be no real reason for that franchise to exist when they keep losing their stars.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
To my knowledge, nobody has ever turned down a supermax contract and that's not going to magically start happening. It's good for the league. Otherwise a guy like Zion (despite what you think of him) would already be outta New Orleans and there'd be no real reason for that franchise to exist when they keep losing their stars.
I think the only two that technically did were Kawhi and AD by forcing their way out of their situations and giving up their bird rights in the process and that was years ago. No one has been eligible for and turned it down when offered, so you’re correct in that notion.

Now Mitch did lose his bird rights with the trade from Utah, but I believe he can get the full 5 years back if he waits to become a FA. Take the money and worry about the rest later as it’s money you won’t get back.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

I think the only two that technically did were Kawhi and AD by forcing their way out of their situations and giving up their bird rights in the process and that was years ago. No one has been eligible for and turned it down when offered, so you’re correct in that notion.

Now Mitch did lose his bird rights with the trade from Utah, but I believe he can get the full 5 years back if he waits to become a FA. Take the money and worry about the rest later as it’s money you won’t get back.

Didn't Demarcus Cousins do with Sacramento, or am I trippin?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Didn't Demarcus Cousins do with Sacramento, or am I trippin?
If I remember correctly, I believe Sacramento didn't offer it to him and traded him instead. He would have definitely signed it had they did.

People tend to forget that players lose their bird rights when they’re traded, which is why you see most players stay to sign their extensions and then dip out after. It’s one of the main reasons why Beal stayed in Washington as long as he did.