Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Garland broken jaw he's gonna be out a while, Mobley out two months.... they should seriously consider trading Mitchell I don't see him signing there long term.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
In the past, the offense GSW could generate with their role players (Iggy, Livingston, Barnes, Draymond, etc) was respectable enough where Curry (or Klay) blacking out vs opposing teams was a "death sentence". i.e. 2016 GS scored 115ppg (#1 that year)...league medium was 107ppg.

Now in 2024, GSW still averages 115ppg... but they're now ranked 15th in offense, middle of the pack. The top teams score around 120-123ppg. It went from a luxury to now a necessity for Curry to go off to keep them competitive.
My worry for them to is to have an offense so focused on player movement as those same players get older. They can't handle putting as many miles on their legs per game as when they are younger.

Plus it's reminding me so much of Phil with the triangle and still trying to force players into the system that don't fit and not adjusting when the offense isn't generating as much offense.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

pEk4kz.gif

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Garland broken jaw he's gonna be out a while, Mobley out two months.... they should seriously consider trading Mitchell I don't see him signing there long term.
They could drop Garland on his neck and it wouldn't make me go "fine we'll take Barrett"

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
They could drop Garland on his neck and it wouldn't make me go "fine we'll take Barrett"
I wasn't implying the Knicks in general but odds are fairly high he just walks outright in 18 months, this season is going off the rails rapidly and they could still get back quite a haul if they move him now. What team could use him though... that's a better question. Maybe the Nets?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I wasn't implying the Knicks in general but odds are fairly high he just walks outright in 18 months, this season is going off the rails rapidly and they could still get back quite a haul if they move him now. What team could use him though... that's a better question. Maybe the Nets?
They'd be in it, though the Knicks feel so inevitable.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The Chicago Bulls will gladly trade LaVine for Mitchell.

CLE gets another star level player under contract for the foreseeable future
Chicago gets a "win-now" player on a shorter deal to continue to bask in mediocrity with

It's a win win for both franchises.