Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Cleveland has such a weird roster. It seems like they've just signed/traded guys just to do it instead of trying to make the pieces fit.

They have a small backcourt, then signed Strus to play SF and he's only 6'5" and definitely doesn't have the athleticism to defend on the wing. Their front court got bullied by the Knicks in the playoffs and they decided to just run it back. They have no shooting in that front court either.

What is their identity beyond hoping Mitchell and Garland get hot?

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Cleveland has such a weird roster. It seems like they've just signed/traded guys just to do it instead of trying to make the pieces fit.

They have a small backcourt, then signed Strus to play SF and he's only 6'5" and definitely doesn't have the athleticism to defend on the wing. Their front court got bullied by the Knicks in the playoffs and they decided to just run it back. They have no shooting in that front court either.

What is their identity beyond hoping Mitchell and Garland get hot?

It's their fault for not developing Evan Mobley into a dominant offensive player. That would literally solve all of their problems

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
As @Thavoiceofthevoiceless tends to point out, that kinda went out the window when you brought in Donovan Mitchell to a degree.

I'm sorry but if the Cavs front office thinks that, then that is the dumbest thought process I've ever heard. Having a big man who is talented offensively would actually makes things easier for Donovan Mitchell

Just look at Porzingis on the Celtics. Opposing teams are terrified to leave him open at the 3, that it opens up driving lanes for Tatum and Brown. And when Porzingis is in the post, it opens up 3 point shots for both of them as well

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I'm sorry but if the Cavs front office thinks that, then that is the dumbest thought process I've ever heard. Having a big man who is talented offensively would actually makes things easier for Donovan Mitchell

Just look at Porzingis on the Celtics. Opposing teams are terrified to leave him open at the 3, that it opens up driving lanes for Tatum and Brown. And when Porzingis is in the post, it opens up 3 point shots for both of them as well
Yeah I'm not gonna front like I watch Cavs games every night but I have seen Mobley not touch the ball a lot and he drifts out there at times. It does go both ways in his own development/aggression and the Cavs leaning on guard play as well.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
It's his fault for not developing. He still doesn't have a jump shot. That isn't on the team.

Mobley shooting 35% from three would open up a lot for the Cavs.

Yeah I'm not gonna front like I watch Cavs games every night but I have seen Mobley not touch the ball a lot and he drifts out there at times. It does go both ways in his own development/aggression and the Cavs leaning on guard play as well.

Even so, plays should be run for him. Like not even a pick and roll play? Lobs? Its horrible
The only thing they allow him to do is get offensive rebound putbacks from Garland and Mitchell's misses lol