Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Jrue may fall off a cliff offensively during the playoffs, but he was terrific for them in the regular season these past few years in stepping up with Middleton's injuries. That team is what it is roster wise, so they better give Beauchamp more run or hope that those G-League guys can become the wing defenders that they need.

I bet that they wish that they had back all those 2nd round picks that they used to get Crowder.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Chet is clearly the ROY right now imo.......Chet/Wemby are putting up similar numbers...However, Chet is shooting 56/44/88 while Wemby is shooting 43/27/82.....but there's still a lot of season left.....I expect both players to improve as the season goes on. Wemby still has enough time to overtake Chet....but Chet is in the lead.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Chet is clearly the ROY right now imo.......Chet/Wemby are putting up similar numbers...However, Chet is shooting 56/44/88 while Wemby is shooting 43/27/82.....but there's still a lot of season left.....I expect both players to improve as the season goes on. Wemby still has enough time to overtake Chet....but Chet is the truth.
Wemby is taking more of the offensive load and usage rate compared to Chet. It wouldn’t surprise if he gets the benefit of a doubt for that reason like Paolo did last year eventhough there were arguably better rookies than him.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Wemby is taking more of the offensive load and usage rate compared to Chet. It wouldn’t surprise if he gets the benefit of a doubt for that reason like Paolo did last year eventhough there were arguably better rookies than him.

If Chet was averaging significantly fewer points I would agree...But he's avg basically that same amount of points on far superior shooting.......If Chet had a bigger offensive role he could easily be averaging 22-24 ppg.....I'm not giving Wemby extra credit for being a bricklayer.......Wemby has a 47% efg & 16 PER while Chet has a 64% efg & 24 PER......I won't hold the team record against Wemby because OKC was much better last season

Last edited:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Only reason to trade for a player like Dame is if your team had trouble scoring the ball. Scoring wasn't a problem for Milwaukee, but they got rid of one of the best 2-way players in the league for a guy who is only effective on offense.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Only reason to trade for a player like Dame is if your team had trouble scoring the ball. Scoring wasn't a problem for Milwaukee, but they got rid of one of the best 2-way players in the league for a guy who is only effective on offense.
Scoring was a problem for Milwaukee in the playoffs as they would struggling keeping up with teams offensively that were above average from 3, BUT they were also struggling to defend the 3pt line as well.

Regression in the regular season was always going to be the case with the loss of Bud, Carter and Jrue. I'm guessing that they have faith that they'll figure it out by then.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
They just don't have the proper role players and bench is really the issue. They need a 3 and D and Middleton has to go.