Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

I only watched the first quarter and a half of MIL/TOR but it reminded me of jeff van gundy talking about "making multiple efforts" on defense. Bucks only make one effort.

i.e. In the paint: Opps beat the first line of defense. Lopez comes over to help. No one rotates to Lopez's man, Lopez's man gets a dunk.
On the perimeter: Double comes, ball kicks out to the helper's man, 2nd helper barely rotates on time, ball swings to the 2nd helper's man, everyone gives up and watches the wide open 3.

This happened a lot with Dame in the 1st qtr but it was happening in the 2nd quarter when it was Giannis and the 2nd unit on the floor. Just very unprepared/going through the motions basketball.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

They equals thru

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Would have liked to hear the conversation between Bron and Darvin Ham after game 1 when Ham said he'd only be playing 29 minutes a game. Since then 35, 39, 33 and 42 minutes in the 4 games since :mjlol:
It's still the right idea but the team needs to get off to better starts. They've been trailing early in every game, sometimes big. There's gonna be nights against good comp that he'll play heavy minutes but they were down 12 to Phoenix with only KD after one. They were trailing to Orlando at halftime when Wagner and Paolo had terrible games.

Some of that's on LeBron. The plan is clearly to ease him into games so he has plenty of juice in the fourth. I think it'd be better to have him come out guns blazing so the team can play from ahead instead of chasing every night. Build the lead, let him coast through the middle quarters then ramp it up again in the fourth if need be.

He isn't gonna make it through the entire season unscathed if he's playing 35+ minutes a night again.