Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I mean, that's gonna take a lot of work
Shaq was averaging 27 & 12 for the first 11 years of his career and had 4 finals appearances along with 3 titles and 3 Finals MVPs
He won't be surpassed for a long time

With generational talents like Jokic, Giannis, Luka, Embiid, Wemby, etc the issue imo wouldn't be putting up the statistical numbers , but more-so they're all in the league at the same time and cannibalizing each other's accolades/greatness.

When you think of the conventional top 10 GOATs... it's a bit more spaced out. i.e. Magic/Bird split the 80s, Jordan owned the 90s, Shaq and Duncan split the 2000s. LeBron/Curry split the 2010s. Then factor Magic had Kareem, Shaq had Kobe, LeBron had Wade + Bosh, Curry had KD... that'd be like Embiid having SGA or Jokic having Luka.

Those ideal circumstances are hard to replicate. The one thing on Wemby's side is he's so young that current generational bigs will be aged out/on their way out by the time he hits his prime.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Their biggest issue was giving Middleton that ridiculous contract. He was injured and trash last season and they still chose to give him 3/$102 million in the offseason. Guess what? He's been injured and trash this season. That's easily one of the worst contracts in the league and has gone completely under the radar for some reason.
What other choice did they have considering they didn't have the cap space or assets to replace his production?

Like I've been saying for months now, Doc is going to take all the blame but that roster situation isn't on him. Yet somehow the GM isn't getting any blame whatsoever. He hasn't done shyt in years outside of that Jrue trade.

That team is fukked long term with the only out is trading Giannis.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
I don't understand why Daigneault can't figure out how to stagger these minutes without SGA & JDub.

Stagger Giddey & Cason Wallace so you don't have Dort point guard minutes. Dort gets big time tunnel vision without the other guys & tries to do way too much to try & be the guy setting up shyt.