Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Minnesota having the #1 defense all season long and by a big margin
So it's being done like the MVP where individual players don't get rewarded with it based on individual effort, but making it a team accolade as well?

I know Draymond and Smart got one that way but I feel like DPOY has not always been done this way

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So it's being done like the MVP where individual players don't get rewarded with it based on individual effort, but making it a team accolade as well?

I know Draymond and Smart got one that way but I feel like DPOY has not always been done this way

It’s been that way as long as I can remember. Players in the mix for DPOY are typically the defensive anchors of the top defensive teams

In the last 10 years, there have only been 3 players that weren’t on a top 10 defensive team with the lowest being DeAndre Jordan in 2015 who finished 3rd and the Clippers were the 15th best that year

The fact that Wemby is even in the conversation, as a rookie, on a team that is 22nd in defense is an accomplishment in itself.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Jalen has had a hell of a calendar year and mostly not in a good way.
  • The fruit basket tapes
  • Sengun stealing his franchise spot
  • Getting trapped by a thot almost 2x his age
  • Ime quick to bench him + trade rumors
But sometimes pressure makes diamonds. He’s not just back on track but is starting to seem ahead of schedule.
I wouldn't necessarily go that far yet considering that even with this hot streak, he's still well below league average when it comes to eFG for the season. What does his game look like when he comes back down to Earth from his hot shooting.

If anything, he's showing that the potential is still there and the Rockets shouldn't give up on him just yet.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

BOL BOL LAST 16 GAMES:
14 MIN PER
8PTS, 4RB, 1 BLK
60/44/73 SHOOTING SPLITS

:devil:
:evil:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I wouldn't necessarily go that far yet considering that even with this hot streak, he's still well below league average when it comes to eFG for the season. What does his game look like when he comes back down to Earth from his hot shooting.

If anything, he's showing that the potential is still there and the Rockets shouldn't give up on him just yet.

That's something i'd have higher expectations for him to address next season (that, and synergizing with Sengun). As long as he ends this season strong with confidence gained, that's the major win.

Obviously 80% of this calendar year has been L after L for him on and off the court as mentioned, so a hot 10-20 games of toughness (if it goes that far), 8+ game win streak and leading his team to nigh play-in contention doesn't wipe the stench away on the stat sheet or in people's memories, but it'll be back on track with where we wanted his mind to be entering the offseason..

Then it'll be on him to continue the momentum for next season.