Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

"I have had my own instances with some of the sports gamblers," Bickerstaff said Wednesday night. "They got my telephone number and were sending me crazy messages about where I live and my kids and all that stuff. It is a dangerous game and a fine like that we’re walking for sure."

Bickerstaff said those instances were reported to NBA security and were handled appropriately. However, Bickerstaff noted he's hearing it in person during games too.

“No doubt it’s crossed the line,” Bickerstaff said. “I’m standing up there and we may have a 10-point lead and the spread is 11 and people are yelling at me to leave the guys in so that we can cover the spread. It’s ridiculous. I understand the business side of it and the nature of the business of it. But it’s something I believe has gone too far.”

Miami Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra relayed a story from a game where security had to intervene with a sports bettor.

"I do think it’s somewhat contradictory," Spoelstra said Wednesday night. "I think it treads on a weird line. We had an incident behind our bench last year with (Victor) Oladipo. Somebody was screaming. Security had to take him away. The game was already over, and evidently, he didn’t shoot an open 3 at the end of the game. The game was already decided, and this fan was totally beside himself, and he was a gambler. He had money on whatever the score was. There’s just a lot of unintended consequences with that from a security standpoint that I’m not sure everybody totally understood."

Gonna be crypto all over again :mjlol:

It was cool in the 2010s when us under the radar OGs could eat off bitcoin/shytcoins and obscure gambling sites like bovada, but once it became commercialized for the masses, impending shyt show with too many mf'ers doin too much :dead:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps

He's been very good for them but :huhldup:

Ah man we got another one. Always interesting to see these questionable guys “betting on themselves”. High risk, high reward but you might end up with considerably less than they were offering :francis:

Knicks knucklehead owner might try to fukk him over out of spite

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
I can't be the only person sick and retired of seeing random collections of old and fat people dancing during timeouts. Not to mention why do they have men on dance teams? I swear on everything I wouldn't want none of these people cheering for me

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Gonna be crypto all over again :mjlol:

It was cool in the 2010s when us under the radar OGs could eat off bitcoin/shytcoins and obscure gambling sites like bovada, but once it became commercialized for the masses, impending shyt show with too many mf'ers doin too much :dead:

People building their whole livelihoods off of sports gambling and crypto day trading. Different times indeed

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC