Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

It’s interesting bc watching his entire career play out with context, I’ve always considered DeMar to be more “very good” than “great”.

But decades from now the next generation might look at his stats and highlights without context and think otherwise. He’s gonna eclipse 25k career points, made 6 or 7 All-Star teams, a few All-NBA selections, multiple gold medals. He’s probably gonna make the Hall of Fame

But watching him it’s never felt like I’m watching an all time great in his prime. I guess he’s like the Mitch Richmond of this era in that sense

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC

It’s interesting bc watching his entire career play out with context, I’ve always considered DeMar to be more “very good” than “great”.

But decades from now the next generation might look at his stats and highlights without context and think otherwise. He’s gonna eclipse 25k career points, made 6 or 7 All-Star teams, a few All-NBA selections, multiple gold medals. He’s probably gonna make the Hall of Fame

But watching him it’s never felt like I’m watching an all time great in his prime. I guess he’s like the Mitch Richmond of this era in that sense

I feel he's always been "overshadowed" in a way tbh. Bron bytching him & Toronto for years + postseason struggles always overshadowed the player he is in actuality

Going to SA during their downturn & playing for a Chicago team nobody cares about hasn't helped