Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
So he's essentially going to leave the 5th year on the table and the $40+ million that comes along with it just to leave Cleveland :jbhmm:
Just like he left the supermax that Jalen Brown signed on the table after this current contract runs up by asking out of Utah :patrice:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Just like he left the supermax that Jalen Brown signed on the table after this current contract runs up by asking out of Utah :patrice:
Utah was going to trade him regardless and besides he was years away from being eligible for the supermax anyways.

If you ask him now, if he‘d rather have the $300+ million supermax that Tatum is looking at, I’m sure he’d tell you yes.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Is that because he was will to leave their money on the table :patrice:

His supermax extension could have been agreed upon after last season had he made the All NBA Team like he did for Cle :patrice:
He lost the supermax eligibility the moment he got traded to Cleveland. Even if he was eligible, he couldn't sign it no sooner that Tatum could. By essentially leaving as a FA, he'd be leaving more money on the table than he already had by losing out on the supermax.

You take the money and worry about the trade later.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
He lost the supermax eligibility the moment he got traded to Cleveland.
I'm not talking about him getting moved to Cleveland I'm talking about him being willing to leave his supermax money on the table by requesting out of Utah the same way it's being reported that he's on his way off his current team.
Even if he was eligible, he couldn't sign it no sooner that Tatum could. By essentially leaving as a FA he'd be leaving more money on the table than he already had by losing out on the supermax.

You take the money and worry about the trade later.
1. He likely won't be retiring after his next deal is up so I doubt he'll be losing much of anything by not taking the 5th year

2. How much would Cleveland be leaving on the table by letting him walk for nothing :patrice:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Despite the injuries, Grizzlies have remained competitive in most games, great sign for them next year. They got two role players in Williams Jr, and GG that they should be very excited about.