Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I suppose when you have a projected bottom-barrel team with a collection of somewhat tenured vets (WAS, UTA, etc), there's no real incentive for them to fall in line with "the tank"... not for some phenom who will make them further afterthoughts and eventually shipped out of town anyway.

Young dumb teams like HOU and CHA are more reliable for tank jobs. Eric Gordon in hell but that's his own fault for signing that extension.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I suppose when you have a projected bottom-barrel team with a collection of somewhat tenured vets (WAS, UTA, etc), there's no real incentive for them to fall in line with "the tank"... not for some phenom who will make them further afterthoughts and eventually shipped out of town anyway.

Young dumb teams like HOU and CHA are more reliable for tank jobs. Eric Gordon in hell but that's his own fault for signing that extension.
With his notable injury history, I don't blame him for taking the long term security especially since we've clowned other players for not doing the same. Houston has just insisted on holding out all this time in hopes that they could get a 1st rounder plus more for him when that shipped sailed long ago. Remember he signed that extension years before Harden got traded when he thought that team was going to be competitive.

Now he's essentially screwed in that they have used for his non-guaranteed last year if they insist on chasing after Harden.

Last edited:
Daps
One of these teams are going to have to figure out a way to attack Jokic in space. Nobody can guard him on the block anyway. All you can do is double & hope it’s a jumper versus a cutter but if he’s allowed to do Jack shyt on defense with nothing to think about they could easily be this year’s champs

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
With his notable injury history, I don't blame him for taking the long term security especially since we've clowned other players for not doing the same. Houston has just insisted on holding out all this time in hopes that they could get a 1st rounder plus more for him when that shipped sailed long ago. Remember he signed that extension years before Harden got traded when he thought that team was going to be competitive.

Now he's essentially screwed in that they have used for his non-guaranteed last year if they insist on chasing after Harden.

Yup I actually had it flipped, it was us as the fan-base who felt in hell when Houston gave him that extension.. because of his injury history and inability to not dribble like a hyperactive maniac.

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Lauri Markkanen averaged 26.8 PPG, shooting 53.1% from the field, 48.0% from 3-point range, and 90.5% from the free throw line. He’s the first player in franchise history to average at least 25 PPG with 50/40/90 shooting splits in a month. Markkanen is the fourth player in NBA history to average at least 25 PPG with 50/45/90 shooting splits in a month (min. two 3-pointers made per game):
  • Ray Allen (April 2006)
  • Kevin Durant (November 2015)
  • Stephen Curry (January 2019, April 2021)
  • Lauri Markkanen (December 2022)

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yup I actually had it flipped, it was us as the fan-base who felt in hell when Houston gave him that extension.. because of his injury history and inability to not dribble like a hyperactive maniac.
It was smart on their part in hindsight making that last year a team option. I do give him credit for hanging around the league and changing up his game especially when the injuries sapped away his athleticism. Maybe he can convince Houston to buy him out since they aren't going to pick up that last year.