Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
He's better used as a 6th man because he can handle the ball. Hield works better in the starting lineup where Haliburton can set the table for him.

I get that but it feels like Mathurin is their future. Wouldn't it make sense to just let him and Haliburton figure it out?

This Pacers team isn't really making any noise in the east.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I get that but it feels like Mathurin is their future. Wouldn't it make sense to just let him an Haliburton figure it out?

They’re also to keep Hield’s value as high as possible since he doesn’t have a future with the team as they have other players who can do what he does for less.

Daps
I get that but it feels like Mathurin is their future. Wouldn't it make sense to just let him an Haliburton figure it out?

I like Mathurin's game, but it's hard to project what kind of a player he's going to become.

He doesn't provide a whole lot outside of scoring, and his size limits what positions he can guard, effectively. His calling might end up being a 6th man-type, who can play starters minutes, but works better when he's able to be on-ball (something he won't be able to do if he's starting alongside Haliburton). Similar to Herro's arc.

It's something to revisit once he gets stronger and finds his place on the defensive end.