Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
damn breh :picard:
At least save that energy for monday.

Even you know your team is dysfunctional. :hubie:
Dis functional, emotional, retarded. Lot of words you can use to describe them. But ayo I remember Simons cooking us last year but something about that kid this year is different. He’s turned into a stone cold killer and his game is so fun to watch. Gotta be crazy for you as a fan watching him develop into that over the last 5 years.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I wonder if Luka gonna put up with Dallas' bullshyt as long as Dirk did
They've failed miserably to put a team around him
It's embarrassing

Kinda depends on what other opportunities they passed up on. Bc the reality is that every top 10 player could use another top 10-15 player as a running mate... but there's only so many to go around.

Ironically, Porzingis is playing like a top 15 player this season.. higher PER so far than Booker, Beal, Jaylen, Kyrie, DeRozen, KAT, etc.
On pace to have a better season than, say, Khris Middleton ever had.

But when that pairing with Luka didn't work, that was tough bc it felt like they'd sold half the farm to get him.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Kinda depends on what other opportunities they passed up on. Bc the reality is that every top 10 player could use another top 10-15 player as a running mate... but there's only so many to go around.

Ironically, Porzingis is playing like a top 15 player this season.. higher PER so far than Booker, Beal, Jaylen, Kyrie, DeRozen, KAT, etc.
On pace to have a better season than, say, Khris Middleton ever had.

But when that pairing with Luka didn't work, that was tough bc it felt like they'd sold half the farm to get him.

Luka got to play off the ball a lot more

No reason he can't be setting picks for Spencer, posting up, backdoor cuts

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Luka got to play off the ball a lot more

No reason he can't be setting picks for Spencer, posting up, backdoor cuts

It'll be interesting what happens 2 years from now if nothing changes. Will there be a disgruntled top 10 player who will willingly want to go there? or will DAL have to trade half the farm again for another flawed, disgruntled, but talented top 20'ish level player, like they did with Porzingis, and hope it works out this time?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It'll be interesting what happens 2 years from now if nothing changes. Will there be a disgruntled top 10 player who will willingly want to go there? or will DAL have to trade half the farm again for another flawed, disgruntled, but talented top 20'ish level player, like they did with Porzingis, and hope it works out this time?
Even if there was, they don't have combination of assets or the young talent it would take to get that type of player, so the latter is the more viable possibility. It's not easy building a contending team around a superstar player as Milwaukee benefited from getting Middleton from Detroit and the rest of their role players from other teams and still had to mortgage up the farm to get Jrue to win the chip.

GS and Memphis are anomalies. I don't include Boston in that list really as they had Tatum and Brown giftwrapped from the Nets.

Last edited:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
To me any point about Dallas' team construction is moot if the offense remains the same. The type of star player they need would have to fit a specific archetype...either a great low-post threat or dangerous offball shooter cause how will anyone else work with Luka without turning their offense into "my turn, your turn" O.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
To me any point about Dallas' team construction is moot if the offense remains the same. The type of star player they need would have to fit a specific archetype...either a great low-post threat or dangerous offball shooter cause how will anyone else work with Luka without turning their offense into "my turn, your turn" O.
At this point, any move of that nature helps Dallas and shows Luka that they're at least trying to put a team around him. They can worry about the fit after. With the cap going up here soon, I don't see Luka turning down an extension from Dallas as it's too much money with his bird rights, but that doesn't mean that he will stay there long term.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dallas is a great market, will they get the ball is more of a concern.
Exactly. Look at Porzingis now.