Random NBA Observations 2021 - 2022

Daps
I wanna say they'll make the playoffs, and rightfully, they should, but it's going to be hard for one of the oldest teams in modern history to overcome all the things that'll be thrown their way during the season. The main thing weighing in their favor is there's going to be a lot of middling and lottery teams, where talent should see them get in.

Jazz
Suns
Warriors
Grizzlies
Mavs
Nuggets

Those teams are locks to make it, imo, so I'd imagine the Lakers will squeeze in either in the lower half of those teams or just under them.
The Warriors, Griz, and Mavs are locks to make the playoffs, but not the Lakers?

Terrible take :unimpressed:

As I said, the Lakers are one of the oldest teams ever, so everything is going to hit a little harder over the course of a 82-game season. They've already had a number of injuries and the regular season isn't even underway. A large majority of their rotation has either been sleep walking on defense for the last few years, or been completely non-existent. All that really comes down to effort, and effort is one of the biggest factors in generating regular season wins. Nearly every single team they come up against, and in nearly every game-spot, they're going to be conceding that to their opponent.

Those teams are locks for mine because they need less to go their way to make the playoffs, and they have younger and more diverse personnel. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll finish above the Lakers, I just trust them more to.
The Lakers' chances essentially fall on AD, if he can play the majority of the season and do it at an All-NBA level, that'll put them in great position to make it, but if his body can't hold up, well, they'll struggle to keep pace.

I'm projecting the Lakers to fall between 5th-9th, are you telling me that they're a lock to finish in the top-4 teams?

:usure:
Not such a "terrible take" after all is it?

:lolbron:

The writing was on the wall during the preseason. Y'all Lakers fans better hope LeGM makes the necessary moves to fix y'all team.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
When is the trade deadline? Lakers lookin like they need a fukkin playmaker:francis:

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Lakers will be fine because LeBron will turn up in the playoffs and nobody in the West is really that good, but how the hell is this team so bad with Bron not out there??
This ain't 2017 anymore. Bron was able to flip the switch in Cleveland because the next best player after him in the East was Kyle Lowry

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This ain't 2017 anymore. Bron was able to flip the switch in Cleveland because the next best player after him in the East was Kyle Lowry
Bron isn’t gonna need to flip a switch though. He’s just got to be healthy. He’s still a top five player in the league and he’s smarter than everyone he’s gonna come across in a playoff series. Nobody in the West is scary for a healthy Lakers squad. Milwaukee and Brooklyn (assuming Kyrie at some point comes back) are issues. Miami too if they make it through.