Random NBA Observations 2021 - 2022

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
This dude Zion Williamson clearly isn’t about to play and yes I think the pelicans should trade him for the right deal

i also think the magic should consider moving Isaac what good is all of that “potential” of dudes never play.

Knicks are obviously putting them in position to get Zion.
I don't know how the Knicks can be in position to get Zion til Randle is moved first. Add to the fact that they're not gonna wanna move Barrett and you have a really complicated trade where another team would be offering the incentive while not getting Zion themselves, cuz Obi/Quickley/Grimes/Picks isn't enough

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This dude Zion Williamson clearly isn’t about to play and yes I think the pelicans should trade him for the right deal

i also think the magic should consider moving Isaac what good is all of that “potential” of dudes never play.

Knicks are obviously putting them in position to get Zion.

I'm wondering at this point could Issac even pass a physical?

I would assume that a team would still take the gamble on him anyways because of his elite defense but would want to know more about that Exhibit 3 that's noted in his contract. At this point, it seems like Issac is perfectly fine with never stepping back on the court again as his priorities seem to be elsewhere.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm wondering at this point could Issac even pass a physical?

I would assume that a team would still take the gamble on him anyways because of his elite defense but would want to know more about that Exhibit 3 that's noted in his contract. At this point, it seems like Issac is perfectly fine with never stepping back on the court again as his priorities seem to be elsewhere.

Damn I never even thought about that. Isaac clearly has something else going on or had a set back that they are keeping on a hush. He wouldn’t impact winning to the point of them needing to sit him all season he could play a bit of minutes maybe 24 and no back to backs. How do they know what it is they have.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Damn I never even thought about that. Isaac clearly has something else going on or had a set back that they are keeping on a hush. He wouldn’t impact winning to the point of them needing to sit him all season he could play a bit of minutes maybe 24 and no back to backs. How do they know what it is they have.

They've been rather quiet away his rehab and timetable, so I'm questioning whether he will even play this season or not. At least with Fultz, he's been practicing with their G-League so you get at least optimism that he'll be back this season. I still think that he will be in another uniform come next season, but wouldn't even know what a trade for him would even look like.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
They've been rather quiet away his rehab and timetable, so I'm questioning whether he will even play this season or not. At least with Fultz, he's been practicing with their G-League so you get at least optimism that he'll be back this season. I still think that he will be in another uniform come next season, but wouldn't even know what a trade for him would even look like.

It's so hard to get superstars in the NBA (especially in smaller markets). The Pelicans should explore every possible option to get Zion's body right before they even consider trading him.

Zion also has to take this seriously. He has the opportunity to give his family generational money with a max contract. He has to do everything he can to get right. Training, diet, even changing parts of his game if he has to.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's so hard to get superstars in the NBA (especially in smaller markets). The Pelicans should explore every possible option to get Zion's body right before they even consider trading him.

Zion also has to take this seriously. He has the opportunity to give his family generational money with a max contract. He has to do everything he can to get right. Training, diet, even changing parts of his game if he has to.

I legit think he just doesn’t want to be there

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I legit think he just doesn’t want to be there

I think it would actually be in the best interest of all parties that they come to some sort of contract extension in the offseason. If I was Zion's camp, I would take than the max and get the long term security instead of taking the gamble in next season when you know there's a chance that your body may not hold up. You can get the long term security while getting the player option to cover yourself long term.

The Pelicans have to be well aware that he just doesn't want to be there, so doing the extension in the offseason speeds up the process in which he can be traded and get equal return before it all blows up in their face.

I just wouldn't chance it next year if I was Zion.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
youve also never seen Ja lead his team to the conference finals after upsetting two higher seeds

you can celebrate ja without downing Trae. Both are amazing players and the future of the league. But you acting like Trae is trash & Ja is 10 times the player Trae is is laughable.
Ja wasn't in the East....pretty sure he could of did the same if those were his opponents. Utah would of gobbled up the Hawks in the first round.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
It's really remarkable how Dolan has managed to make the same mistake over and over again in his 20+ years of Knicks ownership

He either overpays his talent or he trades for overpaid guys:

McDyess
Houston
Marbury
Francis
Jerome James
Eddy Curry
Jalen Rose
Jared Jeffries
Joakim Noah
Julius Randle
Keith Van Horn
Andrea Bargnani
Even Amare, besides his first and a half season

Soon as the Knicks have to open up their wallet and spend on someone, they either start having major injury problems or they play like shyt.

shyt all went wrong once they traded Patrick Ewing, it was like their franchise curse. No conference finals since then.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
What makes it worse for him is that they're gonna replace him in this upcoming draft. Their lineup going forward is gonna be

Bamba (or whoever they draft in '22)
Carter
Wagner
Anthony (or whoever they draft in '22)
Suggs

Isaac and Fultz don't even really factor into their future plans anymore. If they have a chance to get Holmgren or Banchero you think they're factoring in Isaac? Hell no. Isaac better just hope he gets dealt to a red state. Otherwise he's gonna remember why he moved to Florida in the first place.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
What makes it worse for him is that they're gonna replace him in this upcoming draft. Their lineup going forward is gonna be

Bamba (or whoever they draft in '22)
Carter
Wagner
Anthony (or whoever they draft in '22)
Suggs

Isaac and Fultz don't even really factor into their future plans anymore. If they have a chance to get Holmgren or Banchero you think they're factoring in Isaac? Hell no. Isaac better just hope he gets dealt to a red state. Otherwise he's gonna remember why he moved to Florida in the first place.
he'll be aite

probably already planning to start up a podcast with Enes Freedom