Random NBA Observations 2013 - 2014

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Didn't Kobe hit this bish on the low? :ohhh:

Every athlete and rapper of note has fukked this woman. She's no different than Dollicia Bryant or Ariana Celeste. So generic but hey I hope PG has his little fun but knows to wife something better than that shyt.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Though Cowherd is the classical smug white man, he is pretty on point. Don't get the racist label. Seems every time a white person says something negative about a brotha, we scream racist.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
bshawnothappy.gif
what was this about?

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Though Cowherd is the classical smug white man, he is pretty on point. Don't get the racist label. Seems every time a white person says something negative about a brotha, we scream racist.

He said something to the sort of - Goodell is the father figure NFL players never had. Every great athlete had a father growing up, the one's that act out don't have a male role model in their homes and should look up to Goodell.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/espns...ell-is-a-dad-to-fatherless-black-nfl-players/

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Following a breakout season last year, Larry Sanders earned himself a contract extension with the Bucks this offseason. Milwaukee’s long term interest in Sanders seems short lived however, as it has been rumored the Bucks have already been trying to trade him away. Out for at least six weeks due to thumb surgery, Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times quoted (via Twitter) an NBA executive wondering what team would want him now especially with his 4 year contract worth $44M.
:ehh: Pau for Sanders/Greek Freak and assets should get it done. Do it Mitch! :troll:

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cowherd is pretty smart tho. He makes sense when he talks. I agree with most of the shyt he says. Denver seemed to get better when Melo left. At least they were more cohesive. A star player should never be on a team this bad.

True. shyt is unprecedented. Hard to imagine any "star" players ever being on bad teams. Except Charles Barley. Oh, and Kevin Garnett. Wait, also Paul Pierce. Oh, oh... D. Wade too. Kevin Love. LMA. Chris Bosh. Dominique Wilkins. Michael Jordan. The list could go on and on and on.

What's happening with the Knicks has very little to do with Carmelo Anthony, and almost everything to do with poor personnel injuries, bad GM decisions and a doofus owner.

Cowherd isn't particularly smart, nor does he seem to know sports all that well. He's pretty much the arrogant cocksucker at your local bar who has an opinion on every sport and masks his paucity of knowledge by being loud and "provocative." He takes obvious stories - like, hey, guess what, the Knicks and Nets suck! - and then offers simplistic reasons for it as profound talking talking points. It's casual fan bullshyt. He's not going to tell you shyt about the Blazers offense until weeks after everyone else has watched it and noticed the spacing, movement, playmaking from different positions, etc. because he doesn't know or watch sports that way. He's just a reactionary blowhard.

I don't even know what he has said about Melo, nor do I care. But his "lite" racism is well documented.

http://deadspin.com/the-worst-men-in-sports-5748972

This fall, Colin Cowherd went on ESPN Radio and called John Wall a ******. A few days later, amid great hue and cry, he went on the air and called him a ****** again. I don't use this word lightly, but what else could Cowherd have wanted us to hear? He talked about "IQ judgment" and Wall's "wild, out-of-control style" and said something about robbing a bank and used the phrase "Yo, dawg, look at me" and referred to Wall's fans as "the wrong people," and I swear, in the sneering way he said "the wrong people," in the little bit of English he put on that middle word, you could read the whole damn history of redlining in America, and then a little later he busted on the kid for not having a dad.

I don't believe Colin Cowherd is a racist. I think he is a radio huckster who understands that there is awesome profit in stopping just short of saying "******" on national radio, in letting his audience make all the foul connections for themselves. And because this is America — where Nothing Is Ever About Race, where anything can be justified so long as it moves the needle, and where our media culture operates on the premise that we are all slackjawed morons — he is absolutely untouchable. He is critic-proof. Just think about that: One of the foremost media personalities in one of the most tight-assed, image-conscious, PG-rated media companies in the land — an outfit that suspended Tony Kornheiser in part for talking about Hannah Storm's skirt, that went into spasms of pretend conscience over airing ads for a slasher movie during a college football game — goes on national radio and whispers "******" and no one in Bristol feels obliged to say anything. And of course no one does. Colin Cowherd moves the needle, they'd only point out. Colin Cowherd speaks his mind. Colin Cowherd gets people talking. (So did Ted Bundy. What's your point?)

The media marketplace will always find room for demagogues and controversialists and crypto-bigots, even for especially dumb ones likes Cowherd. They've been around for so long that hatred is virtually the grammar of radio. For many years, mass culture kept up an uneasy detente with these figures. They were given their margins, and they kept to them, and there was an understanding on both sides that they spoke to a very devoted fraction — a large one, in some instances, but a fraction nonetheless. I don't want to give Cowherd too much credit, because I think he's a stupid man, and I don't pretend that he's doing anything appreciably different from whatever goes down during
Skippy and Goatface's Morning Sports Holocaust on your local FM dial, but Cowherd, to my mind, represents the collapse of that cultural consensus. Something in the culture is irreparably fukked when its purveyors of mass entertainment look at a guy whispering "******" on his margin and think he trades in common coin. That he's just like everyone else, an everyman with an everyman's frustrations about the world.
And:
http://deadspin.com/5889770/colin-c...-so-heres-a-rap-video-featuring-colin-cowherd

Colin Cowherd's no stranger to racial controversy, much of it dealing with his portrayals of black basketball players. During a discussion of the issues plaguing UCLA's basketball team, no fewer than 25 iterations of the word "thug" appeared on Cowherd's program today, usually with a direct association to drugs.