Random NBA Observations 2013 - 2014

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
WHAT IN THE fukk?

There are 2 East Conference teams above .500. There are 10 in the West :dead:

Only 4 EC teams have a positive point differential, compared to 11 in the WC.

The Pelicans would be the 4 seed in the East.

:dead:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
WHAT IN THE fukk?

There are 2 East Conference teams above .500. There are 10 in the West :dead:

Only 4 EC teams have a positive point differential, compared to 11 in the WC.

The Pelicans would be the 4 seed in the East.

:dead:
:lupe:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not 100% certain on this, but Parson by being a 3rd year RFA takes him out of the Gilbert Arenas rule if I'm correct. Meaning that teams can offer him any amount they can afford. To contrast this, if Parsons does fall under the Gilbert Arenas rule, then the max money he can get is about 4yr/$40mil(5/5/15/15). Meaning there is some financial incentive for the Rockets to make him a RFA and then re-sign him for 4yr/$40mil. Assuming they feel he can get much more than that in 2015.

But without the Arenas restriction, Parsons can be offered max if he enters RFA, which doesn't really help the Rockets at all. Especially if Fegan gets some other team with his big name players to make a ludicrous offer. Boozer, while not exactly the same situation, was the perfect example of what can happen when the team relinquish their rights to a player.

@tremonthustler1 can you clarify the contract situation of Parsons, and the max he can be offered. Not sure about his status sinced he took an unusall contract for a 2nd rounder.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That nigguh might get paid. Parsons is talented. Potentially, he's doesnt have a higher ceiling than Batum(but then again Batum isnt really gettin better every season liek he's suppsoe to and Parsons is) who signed a 4 year 46 mill contract. And then you have to look at Heyward, who is similar to Parosn but lessed polished, and he jsut turned down a 10 mill a year contract. So the market is tryint o get set for Parsons, but jsut not sure. He has the highest WS on the team this seaso and was second last season and as ppl seen in the playoffs last year, the rockets go as he go. I think Morey wants to see how this team dos without a third star this season and then decide on Parsons. He's talented. Easily, my favorite player on the Rockets the last couple seasons

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
@tremonthustler1 can you clarify the contract situation of Parsons, and the max he can be offered. Not sure about his status sinced he took an unusall contract for a 2nd rounder.

He can get Pekovic money if I recall correctly because he isn't bound to the rookie scale. He can get a 5th year without using the franchise designation