Rams - Cannes Un Certain Regard 2015 WINNER - remake on the way

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
If only because I'm probably the only other person on this board who will ever bother to watch this movie, amiright? :russ:

Maybe someone else might peep it if its gets a foreign language oscar nom :ohlawd:

StraxStrax

Daps
The Contenders: Best Foreign Language Film

Frontrunners
1. “Son of Saul” (Hungary, Lázló Nemes)
2. “Mustang” (France, Deniz Gamze Ergüven)
3. “Labyrinth of Lies” (Germany, Giulio Ricciarelli)
4. “Rams” (Iceland, Grímur Hákonarson)
5. “Viva” (Ireland, Paddy Breathnach)
6. “Ixcanul” (Guatemala, Jayro Bustamente)
7. “The Club” (Chile, Pablo Larraín)
8. “A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence” (Sweden, Roy Andersson)
9. “Wolf Totem” (China, Jean-Jacques Annaud)
10. “Arabian Nights: Volume 2 – The Desolate One” (Portugal, Miguel Gomes)

:blessed:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Movie drops in theaters here on Thursday, will probably check it on Sunday because it plays at shytty times.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
So I saw it today and I liked it a lot. Maybe it's because my grandfather was a stubborn old school farmer (albeit not as stubborn or old school as these two) but it was very recognizable for me. What stood out to me is that although they tackle different 'plots/situations', this pretty much has the same arc at its core as Fúsi had, in the sense that it's about men who find themselves incapable to do something, an outside influence affects their personal lives which in the end forces/pushes them to become capable of it. This one was better than Fúsi because it played out a lot more natural, but more importantly, it actually made me understand/appreciate the ending to Fúsi more as well, because they pretty much end on the same note as well (abruptly, with the character arc at its core finished/accomplished, and life around it just goes on). And of course, Fúsi actor Gunnar Jónsson has a role in this as well to complete the cipher. Anyway, it features great acting and it looks phenomenal, courtesy of cinematographer Sturla Brandth Grøvlen (who shot Victoria), who I had forgotten did this movie until his name popped up in the end credits. Overall I'd probably give the movie a 3.5/5 which is the same I scored Fúsi, which is mostly because despite it falling off towards the ending, Fúsi has scenes of far greater emotional impact to make up for it.

All in all, which leaves the question, when the fukk are you gonna step your game up @StraxStrax ?

StraxStrax

Daps
Someone just mentioned this on a podcast as one of their favs of 2015 and i go on RT and its listed front page coming next week and at 100%

So you gonna see it?