Racist Camila Cabello X Drake @ " The white Party"

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I see so much clowning about this woman whenever she “flops” but I never hear her music anywhere. I never seen anybody say throw on that Camilla Cabello. Seems that people take more pride in clowning her than listening to her music. Chick ain’t even a household name out here.
She had a hit song at the end of that reggaeton boom and she was in a popular girl group before that.

But she definitely need to accept her place alongside Iggy Azalea and start doing boudoir Onlyfans

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
This is what people are not wanting to understand

Drake is not as big as people think he is. He’s dominating the streaming era, Ja had triple and quintuple plat albums when people had to go to the store to get your record and in 12 months it was gone.
Yeah streaming is inflated
If Drake drops today and there was no streaming

People ain’t rushing to Best Buy to buys hold cd

It’s over

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
You can die in the blink of an eye, so bat your eyelashes
And keep winkin' and blowin' kisses 'cause you're flirtin' with death
I'm destroyin' your livelihood, I ain't just hurtin' your rep
I catch a flow and get goin', no remorse I'm showin', ain't slowin' for no one
Knowin' there's nothin' you can do about it
Zero in on the target like a marksman, the target is you
I shut your lane down, took your spot, parked in it too

Daps
The bad thing is that there's still burgeoning artists who would bend over backwards to work with Drake, even amidst him taking a major major L.

All it will take is the hot new artist to have a hit and put him on it.
For the purpose of waveriding a "still burgeoning" artist isn't enough. To give Drake a boost the artist would have to be a really hot up and coming artist or someone who is already established and currently has juice. Outside of that it wouldn't make sense for Drake. This isn't Drake giving a stimulus, this is Drake trying to receive one.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
Drake is big but people weirdly think he is untouchable and his run will be forever.
Dude has been popping damn near the entire social media era. I remember listening to So Far Gone on the way to my summer camp job back in 2009. Hard to imagine what post-Drake hip-hop/pop rap looks like.

like imagine a post-Lebron NBA. You know he will retire in the next few years but breh been around for half my lifetime.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Dude has been popping damn near the entire social media era. I remember listening to So Far Gone on the way to my summer camp job back in 2009. Hard to imagine what post-Drake hip-hop/pop rap looks like.

like imagine a post-Lebron NBA. You know he will retire in the next few years but breh been around for half my lifetime.
Great comparison. I still don’t see it being a wrap for him, until it’s a wrap for him.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
For the purpose of waveriding a "still burgeoning" artist isn't enough. To give Drake a boost the artist would have to be a really hot up and coming artist or someone who is already established and currently has juice. Outside of that it wouldn't make sense for Drake. This isn't Drake giving a stimulus, this is Drake trying to receive one.

I dunno.

For example, If that dude Tommy Richman had Drake on that Million Dollar Baby song, it would be a huge look for both of them.
And if Drake asked to be on a song, no new artist is going to say no

Daps
I dunno.

For example, If that dude Tommy Richman had Drake on that Million Dollar Baby song, it would be a huge look for both of them.
And if Drake asked to be on a song, no new artist is going to say no
True. I think there are plenty of "new" artists that wouldn't say no... but how does that help Drake?

To help Drake the artists would have to be super hot and their career would have to be on the upswing regardless if they work with Drake or not. Then Drake could ride thier coattails and become "hot" again himself. A new artist who isn't already hot isn't helping Drake. There is no "Drake stimulus". In this scenario Drake is the one trying to get the stimulus. Don't know enough about the Richman dude to know if he fits the profile to make Drake hot again, so maybe he would be the one to do it. 🤷🏿‍♂️

If I was a new artist (on the come up) I would be very leary of working with Drake. His brand is so damaged right now that associating with him is more likely to hurt your career than help it.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
If I was a new artist (on the come up) I would be very leary of working with Drake. His brand is so damaged right now that associating with him is maybe more likely to hurt your career than help it.
You also have tk realize that WE message board posters are a very small corner of the audience. Like very snall.

For example, like a month ago some numbers came out that said Drake streams had dropped by likr 5%, or some super small number.

Based on the internet, You would think right now that no one is listening to/rocking with Drake's music catalog, but that's not thr case for the MASSES. We are just a little small corner of the audience.

It's different than say a Ja Rule situation bc ppl had to physically buy albums back then. So once 50 crushed Ja's image, ppl couldn't still pull up a Ja song in seconds on a phone like they can Drake

Daps
It's different than say a Ja Rule situation bc ppl had to physically buy albums back then. So once 50 crushed Ja's image, ppl couldn't still pull up a Ja song in seconds on a phone like they can Drake
True we are in the streaming era. So the question is why did Drakes last few singles do so poorly? His old catalog is irrelevant as far as keeping him hot NOW. Ja also has music on streaming (classics really) that still get play, that doesn't mean that Ja is a "hot artist".

...and that's the other thing and a big part of the problem with this current era (business) of music. No one actually makes money off streams.

The point of the streams is to create the aura of popularity so the artist can then use that popularity to sell product. These "artists" are for the most part brand ambassadors /influencers. That's how most of them really make their money. That's also why 360 deals are the norm. Music labels need to recoup their investment so they get a percentage of all appearance/branding deals.

Right now the number 1 song in the country is a fun little dance bop calling this dude a pedo. This same dude may have at least one other b*stard kid floating around and most people outside of his hardcore fans are like yeah that's plausible (he's done it before). This same dude is currently in Texas maybe because shooters ran into his crib in Canada and he had to make quick move etc.

Drake is also signed to a 360 deal with UMG if I'm not mistaken. He will have to recoup the money ($400mill) from that deal, which is why I believe he keeps dropping these mediocre singles instead of laying low and rehabbing his image. He's also a 37 year old pop star. He has to be marketable, and right now he isn't and I'm not sure that can be fixed.

Last edited: