R.I.P. Kevin Conroy (Voice of Batman on Batman: The Animated Series)

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Bare with me brehs, I had to search a few names before writing this.

Kevin will always be Batman. No matter whoever puts on the cape, whoever cozies up to Catwoman, whoever says I am vengeance. Kevin can never be replaced Batman. Tara Strong played a multitude of characters that have lasted for 20 years. Cree Summer has played every Black girl cartoon character ever. Kevin Michael Richardson, Tom Kenny, Rob Paulsen all have voiced titular characters that stood out amongst many. There's voice actors who've played characters that lasted in my early years of adolescence, spoke to me as a teenager and at times talked to me as an adult. As you grow as an adult your taste change and more than likely cartoons get left behind as your interest change. Batman has and will forever be in my life. Animated shows, films, video games. He'll always be there and I'll always hear Kevin voice Bruce Wayne. 2/3 of Batman media is spoken by Kevin. Young readers make up voices for characters when they're unfamiliar or don't have a source base of a character. Been hearing Kevin in my head for almost 30 years whenever I pick up an old Batman comic I own. He's the old reliable. Jason O'Mara and Diedrich Bader have voiced the cape crusader in recent years but when they need the OG, Kevin's right there. He is the staple figure of one of the biggest superheroes ever and of my life.

Rest in Power Mr. Conroy.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I never noticed this until Terry Mcginnis mentioned it in BB: ROTJ, but Batman really didn't talk to the Joker much throughout the show. He might've said one or two sentences to him, but there were entire episodes where Joker would do all of the talking and Batman would stay silent and let his fists speak for him. That makes it extra special in the Mad Love episode (and comic) where Batman decided to go on a short monologue about how Harley Quinn was closer to killing him than Joker ever was, which did its job, got under Mr. J's skin, and thoroughly pissed him off.

Batman: "Though I have to admit...she came a lot closer to killing me than you ever did :ld: ......Puddin.' :troll:"

They should play the Ether beat over that because that's the shyt that make your soul burn slow. :wow:

puggle

Superstar
Daps
One of the coolest things he did was make a distinct Batman voice and a happy go lucky Bruce Wayne voice, something which even Bale emulated in the movies. It just gave the character more depth and made it more believable that he’s a legitimate psycho lol. :rip: to one of the most iconic voice actors of our time.

_genocidecutter_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im glad I got the chance to meet him last year
228998831-4262421580538394-5230323687040307123-n.jpg