R&B and Hip Hop being merged within pop culture has ultimately killed both

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
and its a shame Adelle is this huge superstar when she's a carbon copy of Jill Scott.
there's no reason why Keyshia Cole can't be on the level of Mary j Blige.

No a day's you have to already have a following and a finished product before a record label to show interest. Hip Hop evolves so it's adaptable but R&B is R&B no matter what.

And how many times do you hear a rapper using instramentals that are more suited for an R&B song?

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Hip Hop/Rap isn't dead though, there are several venues to discuss,acquire and in general be "Hip Hop" over the internet.
There is a large Hip Hop community that promotes and listens to a wide variety of acts.

Without the internet I'd say the statement were true but that isn't the case if you ask me.

R&B on the other hand isn't built around a culture like Hip Hop.
There is no independent R&B circuit like there is for Hip Hop or Rock.
You can't go to a one stop shop for R&B like Datpiff or HotNewMixTapes (both of which actually have a small R&B presence).

R&B is essentially urban pop music, it's been blending with Hip Hop for years now, well over 15 of them I'd say.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
is that why there's Frank Ocean threads being upped on a hip-hop forum?

I remember everyone on SOHH got mad at me when I said R Kelly wasn't hip-hop

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
R & B directly reflects what's happening towards man/ woman relations now: just pure sex and one night stands. "Love" to many young folks is considered simping and rather put up this fake ass image to look good to the opposite sex. Genuine love doesn't exist anymore since it got deteriorated to the point where marriage/ long term relationships is an afterthought for most people under 30 these days.

But the merging of music hurts the quality of everything.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
True but you can say the same thing about every genre ever.

Go to some punk forums or whatever and witness the bytchfess about the shyt dying in 78 or whatever.

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
R & B directly reflects what's happening towards man/ woman relations now: just pure sex and one night stands. "Love" to many young folks is considered simping and rather put up this fake ass image to look good to the opposite sex. Genuine love doesn't exist anymore since it got deteriorated to the point where marriage/ long term relationships is an afterthought for most people under 30 these days.

But the merging of music hurts the quality of everything.

Exactly

This day and age, even the r&b artists are disrespectful towards women (see Trey Songz - 2 reasons) so how do you expect men to respect women and women to respect themselves.