R&B and Hip Hop being merged within pop culture has ultimately killed both

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
so true...artists today are a HYBRID of both..thier are no longer any PURE SOUL SINGERS anymore..just like we don't have any PURE HIP HOP ACTS anymore

Most r&b acts are rhyming and releasing mixtapes as well i.e (trey songz, chris brown)

and we have a heap of singing mcees......not going even to name the obvious

i don't mind if it was a select few , but now the industry is cloning so many of them now.....

that when u hear a classic singer it's like hearing some RARE SPECIES, just like an MC who actually rhymes without AUTOTUNE or techno beats

Daps
Its funny because I was thinking about that today. I cant even decipher if a song is rnb or hip hop now. Ne-Yo could rap on Mercy and I'd think its RnB.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
so true...artists today are a HYBRID of both..thier are no longer any PURE SOUL SINGERS anymore..just like we don't have any PURE HIP HOP ACTS anymore

Most r&b acts are rhyming and releasing mixtapes as well i.e (trey songz, chris brown)

and we have a heap of singing mcees......not going even to name the obvious

i don't mind if it was a select few , but now the industry is cloning so many of them now.....

that when u hear a classic singer it's like hearing some RARE SPECIES, just like an MC who actually rhymes without AUTOTUNE or techno beats

All real shyt...

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
this is what I complain about all the time

no more ballads, good love songs, etc

rnb has even become vulgar when it was never like that back in the day

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I always say this.

I like trey, dream and breezy, but their lyrics are essentially rap lyrics.

its crazy and ruins music. thats why i like frank cd bc the lyrics cant be rapped lol

Baracka Flocka Flame

Coast to Coast
Daps
Reppin
LA & NJ
Should out to Gangsta Guetta. Dude is :eat:

Ringtone rap was starting to die, Flo Rida made a hit making formula and others followed. He realized he wanted to be in a positive space by targeting an expanding demographic. (50 Cent flow)

It started in 2008 After flo came Pitbull, Wayne, Kelly Rowland and Chris Brown.

Chris Brown adopted it for the Double mint and so goes the story. He was literally going to pushed to the modern MJ status had he not Ike Turner'd Rihanna.

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleLordBboy

Madlib Adlib
Daps
Reppin
Just as it was just getting good
I think there is a lack of variety in the top 40. And I think you've found the right reason. But because we don't rely on it as much, there are other avenues for artists of all styles to get listeners and make a living. I think we have just as much variety overall. I will say R&B has suffered WAY more because of this phenomenon.

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
Them soulful R&B artists got pushed out the game or had to switch their style up. Miss the days of Musiq, Avant, Donell Jones, 112, Jagged Edge, Tyrese, Ginuwine, Faith Evans, R.Kelly and etc getting on hip-hop records.