R and Brehs/Brehettes- SWV on Tiny Desk Concert

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Growing up I loved their songs. Especially weak. And I'm a big fan of tiny desk. So looking forward to this.

But they out their prime. But im gonna play them anyway
I've seen a few older acts in person and I've changed my stance in regards to this. Being in your prime is overrated as far as talent is concerned, especially during live performances. Don't sleep on them breh.

Older acts actually put on better shows because I think they have a lot of experience performing and so they have perfected their craft and performances more than the newer acts.

This was definitely one of the better Tiny Desks I've seen in a while. Last one I would say was on the same level is Niles Rodgers a few months ago, another older act.

Daps
Nearing the end of watching this but we’ll never have another era like we did in the 90s:

TLC
SWV
EN Vogue.
SWV.
Jade.
Destiny’s Child.

And so many more. We were truly blessed with not just actually good singers but great producers and song writers. The fact we have no prominent girl groups today is just a testament to that. :francis:
Music has always been about money but it gets worse with each passing generation.

Started off with singers AND musicians often being one and the same. Then you get singers with some background musicians. Next it's pulling the lead singers away from their groups and monetizing the solo act (Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Lionel Ritchie, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Smokey Robinson etc)....then it became elite lead singers going solo but instead of actual music, it was just synthesized music/beat machines etc.

Now it's not even the best singers. It's someone that is physically attractive with a unique "vibe" or something marketable about them. Average-ish talent but above average looks with The Machine = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Soon it'll be AI. Gon have 360 AI deals where Ross the AI Bot signs for $$$ and some lawyer and estate planner watches his assets. Ross gon have all the digital pwussy he can.....eat, smash, consume? Dunno how AI gets down.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Nearing the end of watching this but we’ll never have another era like we did in the 90s:

TLC
SWV
EN Vogue.
SWV.
Jade.
Destiny’s Child.

And so many more. We were truly blessed with not just actually good singers but great producers and song writers. The fact we have no prominent girl groups today is just a testament to that. :francis:
Destiny Child but NO love for Zhane? :francis:

Really fam?

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Assemble
giphy.gif

That's them nails that gonna scratch your back when you hitting it right :ohlawd:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

TLC
SWV
EN Vogue.
SWV.
Jade.
Destiny’s Child.

Good list beside Jade. That album was trash.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
this was beautiful... but when she said men don't support :huhldup: majority of the band was dudes.. hella dudes in the crowd too

alright brehettes yall better show up to ticketmaster pronto since y'all got the juice now

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
They killed it. The band arrangements were 🔥

I wish they did Sunshine or Can We.