Quinta Brunson Accused of Stealing ‘ABBOTT ELEMENTARY’ and Facing Copyright Infringement Lawsuit

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
She didn't necessarily have to share it with Quinta as the two people she shared it with could have shared it with her. Quinta's name is just being brought up as it's her name that's attached as EP. That type of situation happens more often people think where scripts and ideas get passed around from people to people and eventually end up in TV/Movie creation. It happens in the entertainment world all the time.

If she can prove that her original script eventually ended up in the hands of ABC/Quinta she has a valid case.

I know that part, but if she submitted a script, she would have to prove that the script made it to the hands of the suits at the Mouse, and to Quinta, and that it was indeed her script. That's tricky to prove. Then we have the whole possibility that her script was sold by her to said people to make it to the Mouse suits.

Plus, Networks usually pass scripts off to a proven creator, not a relatively unknown.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
This notion that you have the sole propriety of a concept is a weird thing that the law is far too vague on.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the norm in how ideas and concepts get greenlit in that particular industry? Ideas and scripts get passed away unless you find someone that will buy in right? Not everyone is fortunate enough to get things greenlit by name recognition.

wordsbymj

aka percy miracles
Daps
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the norm in how ideas and concepts get greenlit in that particular industry? Ideas and scripts get passed away unless you find someone that will buy in right?

If you’re asking your question in relation to the tweet quoted, I think she’s saying that individual creatives don’t like hearing or getting ideas from other individual creatives.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
If you’re asking your question in relation to the tweet quoted, I think she’s saying that individual creatives don’t like hearing or getting ideas from other individual creatives.

That's the norm in that industry though. People talk about ideas and what not all the time even if it isn't intentionally. In the music industry, ideas, beats and other aspects are talked about and passed amongst people until the idea comes to fruition. That's how some people literally get their big breaks for that very reason.

wordsbymj

aka percy miracles
Daps
That's the norm in that industry though. People talk about ideas and what not all the time even if it isn't intentionally. In the music industry, ideas, beats and other aspects are talked about and passed amongst people until the idea comes to fruition. That's how some people literally get their big breaks for that very reason.

I’m not sure what you mean exactly. But if you’re talking about friends sharing their work with each other for feedback and shyt, yeah people talk ideas. But when it comes to people actually working on shyt actively no people don’t discuss their ideas in any detail with each other outside of immediate circles or working relationships. Maybe I’m confusing what you mean so sorry if that’s the case.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I’m not sure what you mean exactly. But if you’re talking about friends sharing their work with each other for feedback and shyt, yeah people talk ideas. But when it comes to people actually working on shyt actively no people don’t discuss their ideas in any detail with each other outside of immediate circles or working relationships. Maybe I’m confusing what you mean so sorry if that’s the case.

Those type of things happen in the entertainment industry even if it isn't intentional. Ideas pitched all the time to people who in turn take those ideas and scripts to someone else. That shyt literally gets passed down until actually greenlits it. This chick says that she pitched the idea to producers who in turn took it and presented it to Hulu, which is owned by Disney who owns ABC. How else was her idea supposed to get greenlit if she didn't show it to someone else?

Let's not act like it's never been instances of where scripts or elements of an idea have gotten straight jacked from someone with no credit to them at all.

wordsbymj

aka percy miracles
Daps
Those type of things happen in the entertainment industry even if it isn't intentional. Ideas pitched all the time to people who in turn take those ideas and scripts to someone else. That shyt literally gets passed down until actually greenlits it. This chick says that she pitched the idea to producers who in turn took it and presented it to Hulu, which is owned by Disney who owns ABC. How else was her idea supposed to get greenlit if she didn't show it to someone else?

Let's not act like it's never been instances of where scripts or elements of an idea have gotten straight jacked from someone with no credit to them at all.

Oh I feel you. I was just responding to that tweet which does make sense, but isn’t what happened in this situation. That tweet is saying creatives don’t like hearing ideas by or from other creatives. What happened in this situation is that the writer thinks her idea got stolen through the proper channels. It’s two different arguments. That chick tweeted as if the lawsuit is based on the idea that this writer told her idea to Quinta directly.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Oh I feel you. I was just responding to that tweet which does make sense, but isn’t what happened in this situation. That tweet is saying creatives don’t like hearing ideas by or from other creatives. What happened in this situation is that the writer thinks her idea got stolen through the proper channels. It’s two different arguments. That chick tweeted as if the lawsuit is based on the idea that this writer told her idea to Quinta directly.
That's why I was asking for clarification about her tweet as creatives discuss ideas to a certain extent amongst themselves all the time. She makes it sound like it doesn't happen at all nor shouldn't, which again makes sense but not how it typically works. It could be something like I got this idea, do you know someone who would be good for the role. Those type of discussions happen all the time.

wordsbymj

aka percy miracles
Daps
That's why I was asking for clarification about her tweet as creatives discuss ideas to a certain extent amongst themselves all the time. She makes it sound like it doesn't happen at all nor shouldn't, which again makes sense but not how it typically works. It could be something like I got this idea, do you know someone who would be good for the role. Those type of discussions happen all the time.

Yeah they do 100%. But those things stay at a certain level. A writer with a deal or a writer really working on something isn’t going to have that conversation you wrote up with someone they either don’t already know or someone who isn’t at a similar level. 100% creatives discuss ideas but that Twitter chick is right, just because I write and you write, if we don’t know each other I don’t wanna hear about anything you’re doing. Especially if I’m already on or on my way to being on or the reverse

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yeah they do 100%. But those things stay at a certain level. A writer with a deal or a writer really working on something isn’t going to have that conversation you wrote up with someone they either don’t already know or someone who isn’t at a similar level. 100% creatives discuss ideas but that Twitter chick is right, just because I write and you write, if we don’t know each other I don’t wanna hear about anything you’re doing. Especially if I’m already on or on my way to being on or the reverse

I get what you're saying and I get what she's saying, but we all know that's not how it always happen. She's speaking in a general term for all creatives when it's levels to it.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I read the lawsuit, after reading this thread it's obvious most folks in here haven't.

She literally has her business in order and has proof and has her work copy written . The right thing would be for her to get compensated with a settlement and brought on in some capacity with future developments.

Abbott is a great show, but fair is fair. I would be like fukk this suit too if it was some he say she say type of thing, but it's not

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
She ain’t steal shyt and this lawsuit isn’t going to accomplish anything other than blackballing the foolish young lady who filed this silly lawsuit
Actually, this lawsuit can be a great learning lesson for creatives and having their business together.

How is the lawsuit "silly" when she protected herself in the event something like this happened? WTF did she do wrong here?
:what: