Quinoa...the best alternative to rice

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
After giving up bread (even wheat bread)it was hard for me to get filled up because vegetables and even chicken and steak for some reason don't satisfy my appetite.

I bought this grain that looks like bird food but is passable taste wise and it's probably the best non vegetable carb out there and went well with my chicken stir fry I made today.

Give it a shot guys. It's in the frozen foods section.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
interesting.. I need to move to brown rice again and more wheat based carbs for when I want that rice style texture

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
I've been feasting on that quinoa spaghetti pasta from Whole Foods all week long. If you gave up bread, you should check out spelt bread.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Brehs quinoa cooked in chicken broth is :ohmy:.

I've been stuffing myself full of brown rice for the past 3 months.

Quinoa kills that nasty shyt. I'm over here looking at this costco sized bag of brown rice like :scust:.

And it's healthier too.

Quinoa :blessed:!

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A truly amazing meal:

Cook quinoa in some chicken broth; put it in a bowl and let it cool for about half an hour in the freezer; cut an avocado into small wedges; cut a jalapeno into small pieces; add the avocado and jalapeno to the quinoa; top with the juice of a small lime and a tablespoon of olive oil; stir it all together and feast.

:blessed: