Quick question, why are black folks so interested in white entertainment when the love isn't mutual

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I see a 200 page thread about Big Brother when that show is full of cacs and like 1 black person. We support white movies, music and tv shows but the love isn't mutual. I can guarantee that if Big Brother had an all black cast with one white person, the thread would be almost a ghost town. Someone find me a majority white messageboard where there is a 20 page thread about love and hip hop or the family hustle. Why do we try so hard to accept white culture when it isn't reciprocated? Just an honest question, no diss to anyone.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
I see a 200 page thread about Big Brother when that show is full of cacs and like 1 black person. We support white movies, music and tv shows but the love isn't mutual. I can guarantee that if Big Brother had an all black cast with one white person, the thread would be almost a ghost town. Why do we try so hard to accept white culture when it isn't reciprocated? Just an honest question, no diss to anyone.

White Movies>>>>>Black Movies

And I'm not trying to sound racist..

ryshy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
newwave
All black big brother sounds hilarious

Any1 who watches big brother.......

Btw the black shows u mentioned suck and r popular and arent on primetime nbc like BB

This thread is highkey cringeworthy

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Or we don't get it funded.

My father got a published book and he's just a regular dude. I just don't think our storytelling is quite at that level yet. A lot of black people really don't know their history, so they can't right some shyt like that. You can GRR Martin knows his shyt.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
My father got a published book and he's just a regular dude. I just don't think our storytelling is quite at that level yet.
My good friend just wrote two best sellers in his genre on Amazon. Breh, the talent is there. You telling me someone like @Walt can't show his ass when it comes to writing?

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
I see a 200 page thread about Big Brother when that show is full of cacs and like 1 black person. We support white movies, music and tv shows but the love isn't mutual. I can guarantee that if Big Brother had an all black cast with one white person, the thread would be almost a ghost town. Someone find me a majority white messageboard where there is a 20 page thread about love and hip hop or the family hustle. Why do we try so hard to accept white culture when it isn't reciprocated? Just an honest question, no diss to anyone.
black are kinda numb to some racism and tolerate a lot to be "accepted". there are really no wide range of "black" tv shows on TV or even BET. black are missing out on creating an economic base. Also blacks should work on building and revamping cross over TV shows.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I support black cinema and everything but...we don't have shyt like game of thrones. We don't even think of some intricate rich fantasy sh*t like that but set in Africa, truth be told.
Thats cool and all but they don't support our shyt. if game of thrones was a black casted show, guess what? White folks wouldn't fukk with it at all, no matter how good it was.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
My father got a published book and he's just a regular dude. I just don't think our storytelling is quite at that level yet. A lot of black people really don't know their history, so they can't right some shyt like that. You can GRR Martin knows his shyt.

That's quite an odd thing to think, don't you think? We've been around quite a long time. There are plenty of stories to be told in every genre and there are most likely black folk writing a lot of them.

There are plenty of black sci-fi authors, comedians and lots of other things that require a good story to be told.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Thats cool and all but they don't support our shyt. if game of thrones was a black casted show, guess what? White folks wouldn't fukk with it at all.

Why does it matter if white folks will fukk with it or not if it's meant for us? I don't care what white people think in all honesty. I just want to see a black game of thrones, or a black female version of Girls on a black network instead of the same old stories about hoochie mamas, butlers and uncle tom foolery. I want escapism

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps

Are there really any good black movies/tv shows? Not the old ones. but recent ones?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I think you are underestimating how many white people post on this site.