Questlove talks production circa 1994

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There are few things I love more than reading about this kind of shyt. Yet when this mud duck writes about it I find it unreadable. He's such a fukking fakkit.

delnegro

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are few things I love more than reading about this kind of shyt. Yet when this mud duck writes about it I find it unreadable. He's such a fukking fakkit.

Yeah he is a certified lame...

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbY5j0Ei7w8&feature=player_detailpage#t=303s]The Main Ingredient - Pete Rock & CL Smooth - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGFTbX4QgtU&feature=player_detailpage#t=87s]Roy Ayers Ubiquity Ain't Got Time - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

SirSmokeCrackAlot

Senior Crackhead
Daps

Yeah Im just tryin to figure out if his thought pattern is really this twisted, or if hes just trying to be "cool". I suspect a little of both...

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
Questlove is cool and all but his Dilla stannery is becoming unbearable and I'm a Dilla fan.
And that 'little brother' flip is mad overrated

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Questlove is cool and all but his Dilla stannery is becoming unbearable and I'm a Dilla fan.
And that 'little brother' flip is mad overrated

Hating on Questlove is not hip hop, and these writings being posted are all years old. The first one above I believe is from 2007, about a year after he died, and Dilla was one of his close friends so of course he's stanning him.

As far as the writing style, these aren't articles, they're his old blog posts or long twitter posts via twitlonger, that he'd write and post while on tour buses, airports, sitting around back stage etc. In fact he was one of the first people ever in hip hop to be that engaged with fans over the internet and sharing this type of stuff. Someone would tweet a question and everyonce in a while you'd get a long as response like the above lol. There's soo much knowledge, and dope stories from those years. They're all worth reading.

Prez2032

Pro
Daps
When prodigy name drops its funny and entertaining. When Questlove namedrops with his stories he sounds like a bytch ass nikka who talks slick about people who hurt his feelings twenty years ago. Great musician but overall top 5 herb nikkas in hip hop.