Questions about the durability of OG Jordans

elizjon

Pro
Daps
Think about this

They made some product that is more expensive than any other shoe, but falls apart after several years

The extra money didn't go into quality. Its all just hype

The most expensive sneaker should last indefinitely just sitting on the shelf. Not explode into a thousand pieces just from putting them on
somebody told me jordan/nike does this deliberately so nikkas can buy the retroes.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
1s ain’t shyt but dunks .. n it’s a low key skater shoe.. n way durable

2-18 trash ..

Better get up in ya 30s n leave them lil kids alone

33-35 the most comfortable n durable they have ever been

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
1s ain’t shyt but dunks .. n it’s a low key skater shoe.. n way durable

2-18 trash ..

Better get up in ya 30s n leave them lil kids alone

33-35 the most comfortable n durable they have ever been
dunks came out after jordan 1's. they technically the original knockoff j's

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
them hoes cost $200 , they ain’t “expensive”

I had a backpack with a lifetime warranty that lasted me from high school til I was well over 30.

The only reason I bushed it was cause all the zipper tabs broke off and I copped the new model.

Which has lasted since then. Bout 10 years or more now on number 2

Jansport. I buy them very rarely but I think its like $45 for one.

They can make a product that cost $10 that won't

LITERALLY FALL APART JUST FROM SITTING ON THE SHELF.

What are you even arguing here?

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Keep them shyts in the box they came with, 70 degrees in a dark room, and don’t do stupid shyt like put them in a ziplock bag :mjlol: they need to breathe and all that does is accelerate midsole wear
uh moisture and oxygen are the two main enemies of the polyurethanes in j's, the best way to store them long term is vac sealed with a desiccant in a cool and dark place

i prolly have thousands of these shyts, they're so useful for sneakers, fitteds, jewelry, guns, tools, etc 2 Gram Aiwa Orange Indicating Packets

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
6s and 7s are truly durable because of the sturdy upper and tongue material. Also the inner sock padding makes it more comfortable.

11s as great as they are are the worst. The soles go quick and the patent leather and wrinkle after time.

Charly Wingate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
uh moisture and oxygen are the two main enemies of the polyurethanes in j's, the best way to store them long term is vac sealed with a desiccant in a cool and dark place

i prolly have thousands of these shyts, they're so useful for sneakers, fitteds, jewelry, guns, tools, etc 2 Gram Aiwa Orange Indicating Packets
You can listen to this if you want OP but you vaccum seal em for years then decide to bust them out, the soles will dissolve when you take one step :mjlol: maybe for collection purposes I would take your advice but if you wanna wear them years down the line, no

LexLuthor

CEO of LexCorp
Daps
Think about this

They made some product that is more expensive than any other shoe, but falls apart after several years

The extra money didn't go into quality. Its all just hype

The most expensive sneaker should last indefinitely just sitting on the shelf. Not explode into a thousand pieces just from putting them on

Jordan 1s last forever. 2-10 crumble because the phylon that is used in the midsole/air unit tends to break down over time. 11-14 are prone to some separation because of the glue and can usually be reglued.
You can tell who knows about shoes and who’s just talking :russ::mjlol:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a pair of 12's that I bought seven years ago and they still hold up.

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
11s are my all time favorite but the thing that pisses me off is after a year or two they start squeaking..I got 3, pair that squeak and that shyt be having me heated
take the insole out and put some powder in it.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Jordan 1s last forever. 2-10 crumble because the phylon that is used in the midsole/air unit tends to break down over time. 11-14 are prone to some separation because of the glue and can usually be reglued.
You can tell who knows about shoes and who’s just talking :russ::mjlol:

all I know is - from watching sneakerhead YT vids - is that dudes were saying that their OG Jordan's were prone to shattering to bits after years.

Watched a lot of sole swap vids. Coulda swore I saw some 1s along the way

I think my point still stands. The item is not built to last. Its disposable. But people do everything they can to preserve them