Question for those with flat feet...

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those of you that have been told in the past that you have flat feet, did you just wear orthotics or did you do something exercise-wise to better your situation?

I ask because many years ago a physical therapist told me that orthotics would be like a crutch. He said that instead there were certain exercises that would make the situation better. What do you guys say and what have you done?

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I wear them when running or walking long distances but that's because my feet are damaged from years of running. I can only speak on my situation but exercises would not help me. If you have flat feet and plan to run long distances or a lot of miles I would recommend wearing them with a good pair of running shoes.

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
I hated orthotics. Had a mold made by a doctor's. Used it for two months and stopped. My feet were in nonstop pain.

In fact the generic ones from the store felt better.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
For those of you that have been told in the past that you have flat feet, did you just wear orthotics or did you do something exercise-wise to better your situation?

I ask because many years ago a physical therapist told me that orthotics would be like a crutch. He said that instead there were certain exercises that would make the situation better. What do you guys say and what have you done?

@El_Mero_Mero
you need real orthotics and to do squats.
then over time if a good doctor has you taken off orthotics.
then i would recommend the older dead stock version of the pro foot arches.

24520165534Profoot-SuperSport-Moulded-Arch-And-Heel-Support-L-L.png

the pink female version fits in jordan i's and huarache's.

ky326595.jpg

the blue male version fits in vulcanized molded sole shoes like supra or converse.

900.jpg

292300.jpg

the grey model fits in Jordan elem's.

71u%2BvobkKGL._AC_SX425_.jpg

or current nike basketball and cross trainer shoes.

when hoop'n i wear another brand that has a large cushion setup for plantar flascitis.
I will look in my kobe ix's.
to see what brand that is.
as it has been a godsend i found at ross.

18686_gelarch_memory_foam_1080x645.ashx

gel-arch-with-memory-foam

art barr

Last edited:

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
I have flat feet n my job i do alot of walking plus i play ball..

I was getting real bad shin splints

What i do...wear shoes like adidas ultra boost,hot epsom salt baths, use cbd lotion(legit helps)

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for bringing this thread back. I was also given special molded orthotics by a Podiatrist about 2 months ago but I never wore them because I worry they will make things.

@xXMASHERXx sorry to hear that running did that to you. I'm sure there's still some sort of foot exercise you can do, no? Looking back, would you advise people against running some hard, or is it just a trade off that comes if you want good cardiovascular health?

@Art Barr thanks for the detailed input

@SkiHatDaGawd8/24/GG would you say you "cured" your issue?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I still owe you the name of the other arches and the images of the right profoot models. The older profoots are the ones to buy. They come in solid colors of blue and pink and should be your main arches. Those newer profoot models with black blue or black and neon pink motif are trash.

I will post the images of the ones you need to buy.

art barr

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Thanks for bringing this thread back. I was also given special molded orthotics by a Podiatrist about 2 months ago but I never wore them because I worry they will make things.

@xXMASHERXx sorry to hear that running did that to you. I'm sure there's still some sort of foot exercise you can do, no? Looking back, would you advise people against running some hard, or is it just a trade off that comes if you want good cardiovascular health?

Absolutely without a doubt I did.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

I would say don't run on concrete if you can avoid it or at least limit the amount of miles you run on it. My case is from me running long distance(cross country and track) and so I had 100 of miles of running on concrete. Eventually it caught up with me. So if you're not running like that, then you should be fine. I still run today but limit myself to 1-2 miles on synthetic track and make sure I have a good pair of running shoes that I wear.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
you need real orthotics and to do squats.
then over time if a good doctor has you taken off orthotics.

then i would recommend the older dead stock version of the pro foot arches.
24520165534Profoot-SuperSport-Moulded-Arch-And-Heel-Support-L-L.png

the pink female version fits in jordan i's and huarache's.

ky326595.jpg

the blue male version fits in vulcanized molded sole shoes like supra or converse.

900.jpg

292300.jpg

the grey model fits in Jordan elem's.

71u%2BvobkKGL._AC_SX425_.jpg

or current nike basketball and cross trainer shoes.

when hoop'n i wear another brand that has a large cushion setup for plantar flascitis.
I will look in my kobe ix's.
to see what brand that is.
as it has been a godsend i found at ross.

18686_gelarch_memory_foam_1080x645.ashx

gel-arch-with-memory-foam

art barr

just don't buy up all the old dead stock profoot models from me breh.

avoid these redesigned profoot models here.

these are trid-dash.

completely avoid these new models.
they cut corners and it is basically a placebo in your shoe.
not sure why the fukk they went with this redesign.
it is complete trid-dash can water juice.

919jilAGW7L._AC_SX569_.jpg

41CDz1rxpCL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

AVOID THESE.

DO NOT BUY THESE AT ALL.

art barr

Alvin

Superstar
Daps

I wear those inserts, I kinda feel a difference as it feels like there isn't a lot of pressure on my feet and now weight is more evenly distributed

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
I used to wear specially made insoles when I was younger now I just don’t let flat feet bother me.

I’ve just accepted it is what it is.