Question about taking a weight gainer

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
I've been on this for about 2 weeks now and have put on 4lbs.

I've only been taking half the recommended amount, presumable if I take the full serving I would have gaind 8 lbs by now.

My question is the following: I have not been working out these last couple of weeks. I'm just trying to put the weight on for now. Is this wise?

The 4 lbs that I did gain have not effected my abs at all...I guess I'm storing it elsewhere

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
My question is the following: I have not been working out these last couple of weeks. I'm just trying to put the weight on for now. Is this wise?
:what:

As someone who spent the last 2 springs and summers dropping 40lbs, I want to shlap you

Ask yourself... what the hell do you want to gain weight for, if it's not muscle???? :mindblown:

No it's not wise. Only put on weight to gain muscle.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
:what:

As someone who spent the last 2 springs and summers dropping 40lbs, I want to shlap you

Ask yourself... what the hell do you want to gain weight for, if it's not muscle???? :mindblown:

No it's not wise. Only put on weight to gain muscle.

Once I got the weight I can turn it into muscle, no?

As long as I got abs I'm good. I am considering doing deadlifts starting in week 3, though.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
No, that's not how it works at all. It's much faster + straightforward + productive to build muscle from scratch than to get fat and try and turn that to muscle. Best place to start building muscle is from a lower body weight.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
No, that's not how it works at all. It's much faster + straightforward + productive to build muscle from scratch than to get fat and try and turn that to muscle. Best place to start building muscle is from a lower body weight.
Fat doesn't even turn into muscle and muscle doesn't turn into fat :mjlol: I don't know why this myth is still being talked about....is because some fat dudes seem to go from fat to muscular and people think that's fat being turned into muscle?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fat doesn't even turn into muscle and muscle doesn't turn into fat :mjlol: I don't know why this myth is still being talked about....is because some fat dudes seem to go from fat to muscular and people think that's fat being turned into muscle?
I think that's where it came from. In any case like you said it's bullshyt. You want to build muscle, build muscle. If fat could turn into muscle nobody would be obese

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

As long as I got abs I'm good. I am considering doing deadlifts starting in week 3, though.

dpe9t0.jpg

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Muscle weighs more than fat by volume, so if you want to gain weight, why would you not want the heavier of the two:manny:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Aight peeps, thanks for the info.

Based on the responses I'm going to start working out on Saturday and increase my weight gainer intake to a full serving instead of the half serving w/o working out that I'm presently doing.

At a minimum I still expect to gain 2lbs a week, but if muscle weighs more than fat my weight my increase even faster:banderas:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Aight peeps, thanks for the info.

Based on the responses I'm going to start working out on Saturday and increase my weight gainer intake to a full serving instead of the half serving w/o working out that I'm presently doing.

At a minimum I still expect to gain 2lbs a week, but if muscle weighs more than fat my weight my increase even faster:banderas:
Tread lightly, there are limits to muscle gain depending on you variables.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:jbhmm:

Explain these "limits"

You can't consistently ensure that the weight gained is 2 pounds of pure muscle. The human body doesn't work like that without the assistance of PED's. If you aren't dialed in on nutrition, lifting and measurements you could pick-up more fat gain than desired.

I don't know your situation so I just caution you on the rate of weight gain.