Question about protein

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Im getting back into lifting cause im deployed ive never took protein
i usually try to eat alot what protein should i take just to start out??
and when should i take it?

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
The best form would be a whey protein isolate, but they're also the most expensive. Protein concentrate would suffice, but with isolates, you're getting more bang for your buck plus quicker absorption into your system. The best times to take protein would be immediately after a workout, and maybe later on as well before you sleep. But you want to get a full diet of protein from your meals + the isolate shake/powder, equaling up to AT LEAST your body weight in grams of protein each day.

Simplification: If you're 185lbs, you should be eating at least 185 grams of protein per day.

I use:

main-whey2.jpg

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3251236

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
The best form would be a whey protein isolate, but they're also the most expensive. Protein concentrate would suffice, but with isolates, you're getting more bang for your buck plus quicker absorption into your system. The best times to take protein would be immediately after a workout, and maybe later on as well before you sleep. But you want to get a full diet of protein from your meals + the isolate shake/powder, equaling up to AT LEAST your body weight in grams of protein each day.

Simplification: If you're 185lbs, you should be eating at least 185 grams of protein per day.

I use:

main-whey2.jpg

Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard - Strawberry Banana - OPTIMUM NUTRITION - GNC

Thanks mane do you usually take your protein with milk or water

A.V.

Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
Both, jus depends on what I have a taste for, milk just make's it a little richer, n adds a few grams of protein.

chipmarket

Presidential
Supporter
Daps
take a shake either after your workout or before bed..or occasionally its useful as a quick breakfast with some carbs. i would say take at least 1 shake a day even if you dont work out. good to take to work too as a quick snack after lunch.

just go to your local supplement store and find whatever is on sale.. i use this and it tastes damn good. careful cause some brands taste like shyt. make sure you read the nutrient info. only get 100% protein (lean).

power-whey-complex__17436_std.jpg

go with chocolate, cant usually go wrong. mix with water.

get some cups and lids too for shaking.
snd-shaker-cup-14oz.jpg

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Don't use milk, it will have you farting every ten minutes and those farts bruh :gag: use water it'll digest easier. If you're trying to bulk get a weight gainer. Gold standard whey is good, stay away from nitro tech, worst tasting and it's trash

A.V.

Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
Whole foods is always the centerpeice for good protein intake, but if you can't get your daily MINIMUM requirement through what you eat, if your budget doesn't allow it, or you can't get a high amount of protein in your diet without adding fat, calories, etc, then whey protein as a supplement to the whole foods you DO consume is a no-brainer.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Whole foods is always the centerpeice for good protein intake, but if you can't get your daily MINIMUM requirement through what you eat, if your budget doesn't allow it, or you can't get a high amount of protein in your diet without adding fat, calories, etc, then whey protein as a supplement to the whole foods you DO consume is a no-brainer.

I'm a novice breh, please explain what they mean by whole food!

A.V.

Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
I'm a novice breh, please explain what they mean by whole food!

Eggs, raw fish you can prepare yourself, beans...anything that doesn't contain added chemicals/preservatives and that you don't really need an ingredient list to understand what it is you're putting in your body.

Google definition: (You shouldn't need a message board to get the answer from) :stopitslime:

Food that has been processed or refined as little as possible and is free from additives or other artificial substances.

semtex

:)
Daps
You don't need that much goddamn protein. Of course they'd put that out there to sell more of it.