PS5 won’t support SSD storage expansion at launch

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I don't think a compatible SSD exists yet
This is the actual reason and its mentioned in the article.

They reached out to every manufacturer of nvme 2 drives and none of them were able to confirm that their current drives were fast enough to be compatible. The problem is that sony used tech that isnt widely available yet.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
U right it’s funny as fukk

Have your quad AAAA game

the very thing that is synonymous with Xbox get delayed

:mjlol:

But keep showing halo in every commercial acting like that shyt still releasing on time

:lolbron:

all the casuals going to be at Best Buy wondering where that shyt is at
:mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
more fake concern over SSD space that no one is using up anytime soon.

*laughs in modern warfare*
You laugh but Modern Warfare, Fortnite, Destiny 2, and Ghost of Tsushima have been the main games in my rotation. Throw Miles Morales in the mix and that hard drive is gonna be maxed out day one.
It hurts gaming more than it helps. Most people aren’t gonna wanna sit around waiting for a game to download and install every time they want to play it. That goes for both consoles. It’s a huge chore to wait for that when you might only wanna play something for a quick 30 minutes to an hour.
If you only plan on owning 3 or 4 games then this post doesn’t apply to you

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
"If you’ve been paying close attention to PS5 news, this won’t be a big surprise. PlayStation hardware architect Mark Cerny spent several minutes talking up the SSD storage expansion feature as part of his technical preview back in March, but he also said at the time that support was likely to be “a bit past” launch. What’s the holdup? As Cerny explained, not all M.2 SSDs are fast enough to keep up with the PS5, thin enough to fit into the SSD bay, or compatible with Sony’s I/O controller — and Sony promised to do compatibility testing late this year to make sure.
At the very least, Cerny suggested, off-the-shelf SSDs would need to deliver more than 5.5GB/sec of bandwidth over a PCIe Gen4 connection, and not have a giant heatsink so large that they won’t fit into the PS5’s drive bay."

Sony confirms the PS5 won’t support SSD storage expansion at launch
shyt we literally already knew.

1-Star and I'm out! :cape: