PS5 version of Redfall was cancelled by Microsoft

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I thought they weren’t taking games off playstation though :patrice:

During our Redfall preview session, we had the opportunity to chat with the game's creative director, Harvey Smith (who also worked on Deus Ex and Dishonored 1 and 2). This was the opportunity to ask him about the impact of the Microsoft takeover of Bethesda in 2021, right in the middle of the development of Redfall.

Harvey Smith told us that one notable consequence was the immediate cancellation of the PlayStation 5 version of the game.

"We got bought out by Microsoft and it was a change with a capital C. They came in and said 'No PlayStation 5, we're focusing on Xbox, PC and Game Pass'."

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So are you gonna still continually try to downplay/concern troll these games in their respective threads or are you now fake mad that the system with the least exclusives found a way to get exclusives?:lupe:

I gonna call the cma, ftc, uk, irs, ign, and any other authority and report phil for his continual lies to consumers:ufdup:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
@ORDER_66 you were right, redfall and starfield were supposed to come out on playstation :francis:

slow-smile-mood.gif

of course... :heh: people knew i wasnt lying.... and phil went back on his word... told y'all ever since he brought bethesda and now activision that was the plan... to eat the 3rd party game marketshare and cripple playstation...

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
slow-smile-mood.gif

of course... :heh: people knew i wasnt lying.... and phil went back on his word... told y'all ever since he brought bethesda and now activision that was the plan... to eat the 3rd party game marketshare and cripple playstation...

Yep, but let them tell it, good guy phil hates exclusives with all his heart :francis: