PS5 reviews are in! You won't believe what critics are saying!

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Sony has laid strong foundations for its new generation of gaming, but it's now up to developers to use all the tools laid out for them to build upon it. With what we've seen so far from the console's hardware, and games like Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Astro's Playroom, this next generation has the potential to be great for PlayStation. And I'm excited to see it.
Gamespot

We can tell you that right now the PlayStation 5 is an excellent console and well worth getting as soon as you can afford it.
Metro GameCentral

The PS5 revolutionizes what can be done with games thanks to that lightning-fast SSD and the DualSense. It may sound like hyperbole, but don’t knock it til you’ve tried it. A couple of quibbles that I have with the UI aside, it’s a solid foundation that puts speed and ease of use at the forefront. If you’re already in the PlayStation ecosystem, then the PS5 is a no-brainer of an upgrade at some stage, whether you want to wait until there are more native games available is up to you. As of the time of writing, we’ve only had hands-on time with the Xbox Series S, but if the PS5 is anything to go by, this is going to be one hell of a generation. It’s a beast of a platform with plenty of early promise.
NextGenBase

And so, at the end of the day, my final take on the PS5 is this: across the board it’s a step up in every way over the PS4 Pro (as you’d expect it should be, for the price you’re paying). It’s an expensive proposition, but the cost is outweighed by a product that has a distinctively premium look and feel, not to mention a number of worthy evolutions in the peripherals and gaming experience.

Both are fairly equally worth your time and money at this point. I doubt that fact will change for months or even years to come.
Power Up

We’re extremely enthusiastic about the future of this platform. The way we all play games is changing, with subscriptions gaining importance and titles retaining players longer than ever before. Yet with the PS5, Sony has created a console that feels very much prepared for the future, without forgetting what players love about PlayStation to begin with. This is the fastest, most convenient console the company’s ever created; a cunningly designed upgrade that takes the best of the PS4 and improves upon it. But it’s also got more than enough innovations beneath its popped collar to feel like something truly fresh as well.
PushSquare

Spending $499 on a new console is by no means a small outlay, and for that kind of money it’s important to feel excited. I’m looking forward to getting a Series X, but I’m excited about the PS5, its superb controller, slick new UI, and that glimpse into next-gen with Demon’s Souls. For me, if you’re after that new generation thrill, PS5 is currently the only choice.
VG247

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They didn't say anything. Every last one of these sounds like canned comments from Sony marketers...
336.jpg

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

let’s go! :blessed:

*edit*

oh that’s for miles morales...thought it was for the console

no surprise here...folks were either clueless or just being disingenuous re: this game...shyt was always gonna be flames

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Gamespots review is interesting. They tested some games loading on a PS5 against the Series X and Xbox got the edge every time. Not by much, but good to note for fanboy discussions.